Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need an expert to help design blue laser setup 3-5w

Hi Guys and Gals!

I've been reading this forum and am quite impressed and excited about using a laser for a passion project/potential product I am designing.

Basically I need to skype/facetime with someone who has a great understanding of lasers in the high wattage range, from sourcing components, diode selection, driver selection, heatsink, wiring, battery/charging and on/off.

Ideally, this person would have built several (5+) custom builds and understand a good deal about the physics of using lasers in heating/cutting.

Here are some basic requirements for what I'm trying to accomplish.

• Blue Laser (flexible on nm, but aesthetics are desired) capable of burning paper/igniting cardboard from 6-10 inch's.
  • Power efficient build, Laser would be operating from 5-10 seconds and be able to operate for 3-4 hours aggregate run time on a single charge.
  • Know different methods of turning laser on/off/safety
  • Have electrical skill for integrating LED's in-line (ideas how to run off same power source

Preferable: Seasoned thinker/problem solver/innovative idea guy/gal.

I have a reasonable, but tight budget and primarily, looking to do a successful one-off, with potential for a few more...hence why I'm looking to have a solid design.

Tribute: If I can get the help I need from members of this forum, I'll donate $100 to the site.
You: For hanging with me for 30 minutes on skype (First 4-5 members I pick) I'll give you $30 paypal/amazon or your pick gift card.
If you seem to be the person I'm looking for, $50 an hour, minimum 3 hours, potential for more.

Also, if things work out, free end product and then some...

How to apply?
Reply back with a few of your best posts when solving someone else's problem (high wattage, blue preferably)
Any ancillary manufacturing/engineering skills you may have.

I hope this post is tasteful/within the guidelines/spirit of this forum. If you have any questions or comments feel free to pm or post if they are relevant.

Look forward to hanging with a few of you!

Best,

Tzeal.

alright i'm up for that. incoming pm. and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay at the forum.