Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice for laser

Hello,

I recently bought the RF532-100mw-FLX green laser on Jan. 2nd from Rayfoss, which still hasn't arrived yet. And I just wanted to know if there is anything specific I need to do in order to maintain my lasers performance once it arrives. I've also heard that the stock battery it comes with is bad and should be replaced. Any thoughts, Advice?

www.rayfoss.com

Last edited:

Below is one way to keep your laser's output stable,

Temperature will be a factor in how well your laser performs, most 532nm do not work as well in the cold as in the heat, if the temperature is too cold it may even go as far as prohibiting the laser from working. That being said, make sure not to expose it to high temperatures!!

Below is a thread which further implies how temperature is important:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/some-faqs-about-green-dpss-lasers-30682.html

Best of luck :)

Last edited:
I would also add this: use aw IMR li-ion batteries. They are top quality. You can find them at lighthound.com.

Thanks for the help guys! I will definitely look into buying the IWR- Li-ion battery, it looks good! Is there is anything else that I need to do with this laser in particular to help maintain its life and/or performance?

Also, I would like to ask if anyone has purchased or used this laser before? Because I would like to know how good it is overall. Can it burn matches, is the output < or > than 100mw, etc? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! I will definitely look into buying the IWR- Li-ion battery, it looks good! Is there is anything else that I need to do with this laser in particular to help maintain its life and/or performance?

This will sound obvious but what the hec!

Another way you can help it last longer is to avoid using it over the Duty Cycle of 60 sec. as the website states. Using it over the duty cycle can damage the laser, and will obviously reduce it's expected life-time.

Helpful tip: The amount of time you leave it on should be the amount of time you turn it off to cool-down.

I.e 50 seconds on/50 seconds off
10 seconds on/10 seconds off

Important: Do you own safety goggles? If you plan on burning/using it in closed areas goggles are a MUST!! as a 100mW laser will cause permanent and immediate damage to the eye.

Last edited:
Yes I purchased the Laser Goggles that was offered from Rayfoss. I'm fully aware of the damage that the laser can do to my eye which is why I spent the extra $5-$10 buying the goggles. Is my laser even capable of burning at all though?

I appreciate the help, thanks!

Last edited:
Yes I purchased the Laser Goggles that was offered from Rayfoss. I'm fully aware of the damage that the laser can do to my eye which is why I spent the extra $5-$10 buying the goggles. Is my laser even capable of burning at all though?

I wouldn't be the right guy to ask since I have never purchased a 100mW laser from Rayfross. *Maybe another member can help* :p

One thing that I am certain of is most 100mW 532nm lasers will do the following:
- Pop a balloon
- Cut thin, dark plastic
- Possibly a match(if focused enough)
- If given enough time, dark electrical tape

Once again, all these are based on averages. DPSS lasers all operate differently depending on many factors. For ease of use, if your 100mW operated in perfect conditions it will quite easily burn.

Last edited:
Ok awesome, I guess whenever my laser does arrive I will be able to see for myself how good it does. I will definitely upload a review video for the laser once it arrives so I can show it off a bit. You guys have been extremely helpful thanks! :thanks:

Tmack

To close it all out. IM KICKIN MY ASS!!!!!! ;)

Last edited:

Tmack

^^^^????????

I was quoting the movie from his avatar.

And don't worry I'm half way there. Just need to take a hit in the right eye this time ;)

Zeebit

Well you said in another thread that you were playing with an IR diode and you we'd know if you got blind if you didn't post.

Tmack

Oh haha.

I actually killed the damn thing.

Thank god right IR NAZIS out there! ;)

It was rated at 500mw at 350ma. I probably tripled that lol. $4 down the crapper lol.

Last edited: