Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a Laser to kill Humans (!!)

Ablaze

You need nuclear powered space lasers to kill the ninja zombies. Nothing else works.

Last edited:

Arayan

That link looks extremely suspicious.
Firstly, the wavelength makes it a CO2 laser. The pdf appears to claim that the CO2 mixture is pumped by "compressing" it and making it "flow at Mach 6", using some technobabble.
It then states that the laser rifle produces 600J pulsed shots, at 2kW power and 0.3s per shot. It then states that it can fire 150 times per minute, which would make it essentially a CW laser. A 2kW CW CO2 laser would weigh far over 20kg, let alone being portable.
It further states the recoil, which mandates something being ejected from the laser rifle, as light produces negligible recoil. Since the power cell is supposedly sealed, the recoil would presumably be due to the "Mach 6 gas", which would then be consumed without replacement.
Overall, this sounds too dodgy to be realistic.

-edit-
I found this, which finally explained why this whole thing is so ridiculous:
http://www.defensereview.com/352003/TIS1.pdf
It is apparently a proposed NUCLEAR POWERED laser, using alpha decay of Po-210 to heat the gas. When the gases are fully heated, the 100kW "fuel rod" isn't going to stop producing energy!
I seriously cannot comprehend the utter ridiculous thoughts of the person who thought of this.

Yes, I know... I posted just for kidding :san:

Mr Spider,

I thought you and your family had 'big scary laser beam' eyes?

If your family hold 2 mirrors each, one for each laser eye (& using your spare legs to stand on), you can knife edge your all of your laser beam eyes into 1 powerful beam.
I recon, with a bit of practice, you could also track your "target" and incapacitate them by blinding them.

Dear all,

Thank you for your helpful replies, me and my spider family have just been suffering too long against these humans. I also apologise about my relatives invading your space, they are simply looking for a new home, please let them be.

We also do not attack you for no reason, we're a friendly species, just let us go about our merry way.

From Multimode's input, we have a devised a plan, unfortunately I cannot tell you it here as it may compromise the success of it.

I hope to report back in due course with triumphal news.