Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a green laser focusing lens

bata

I learned a valuable lesson in cleaning lasers today. I usually take a toothpick and place a bit of a paper towel on the end and wet it with windex then follow it with a dry paper towl. However, tonight, I went to clean my green laser and couldn't find any toothpicks and found the next skinniest thing I could, a paperclip. After using that with the paper towl on it for a bit and wondering why my dot kept getting worse, I was wondering what the heck is going on. I look at my lens and realise that the end of the paperclip has broken through the paper towl and and basically drilled a smalled bit of my lens out. Realising that I cannot fix that lens I am in the market for one. I measered mine and it is 6.24 mm wide. So I need a lens to replace this one. I will be posting pictures, when my brother gets home and puts the lens back on his SLR camera, tonight of what my setup looks like. Or if anyone can really just recomend a website for me. (been looking around and haven't really found anything that would work.)

-The actual laser = Military Green Laser Pointer Pen Astronomy High Power Super Bright 5 Mile Range | eBay (mine is reallyyyyy overspec/ got it for christmas)

Pics-

img8346d.jpg

img8347d.jpg

img8355di.jpg

img8354j.jpg

Last edited:

I learned a valuable lesson in cleaning lasers today. I usually take a toothpick and place a bit of a paper towel on the end and wet it with windex then follow it with a dry paper towl. However, tonight, I went to clean my green laser and couldn't find any toothpicks and found the next skinniest thing I could, a paperclip. After using that with the paper towl on it for a bit and wondering why my dot kept getting worse, I was wondering what the heck is going on. I look at my lens and realise that the end of the paperclip has broken through the paper towl and and basically drilled a smalled bit of my lens out. Realising that I cannot fix that lens I am in the market for one. I measered mine and it is 6.24 mm wide. So I need a lens to replace this one. I will be posting pictures, when my brother gets home and puts the lens back on his SLR camera, tonight of what my setup looks like. Or if anyone can really just recomend a website for me. (been looking around and haven't really found anything that would work.)

-The actual laser = Military Green Laser Pointer Pen Astronomy High Power Super Bright 5 Mile Range | eBay (mine is reallyyyyy overspec/ got it for christmas)

I've actually got quite a few in my "parts from dead lasers" collection.

I'll have a look for you tonight and then check your pics.
If I find something that might suit, you can have it.
Just pay the postage and it's all good.

bata

*updated OP with pics*

@ Blord - Since I got it for Christmas I would like to keep it instead of buying a new one. I looked into your link and the lenses are for 405 nm and 445nm lasers not a 532nm one.

@ Paulor - Sounds good

Last edited:
I have the same issue with 2 modules I have purchased and I even attempted to buy lens off ebay for it and they were not the same and i didn't work.

ARG

I think I have one that would work for that, it looks the same at any rate. International shipping would be like 8$ though, so I doubt you want to do that.

bata

@ ARGlaser - Can you take some measurments of it. At any rate, that is cheaper than buying a new laser. I"m in the US so it won't be too bad.

Last edited:
@ ARGlaser - Can you take some measurments of it. At any rate, that is cheaper than buying a new laser. I"m in the US so it won't be too bad.

I'm pretty sure I have one for you if needed mate.
Just let me know if you get stuck or it doesn't work out with ARG's one.

bata

I'm pretty sure I have one for you if needed mate.
Just let me know if you get stuck or it doesn't work out with ARG's one.
Alright thx. Can you take width measurements of it for me so i can see if it is what I need.

JLM

Alright thx. Can you take width measurements of it for me so i can see if it is what I need.

Send me a PM with your address. I will gift you the same one in a standard letter envelop. I am US address, thanks.

bata

Send me a PM with your address. I will gift you the same one in a standard letter envelop. I am US address, thanks.
That is mighty generous of you :) I sent you my address.