Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need a good lens

ryckee

Hi i need a glass lens for my 240mw 658nm laser module so if somepeople know something about that it's will be appreciate thanks.

Emc2

Hi i need a glass lens for my 240mw 658nm laser module so if somepeople know something about that it's will be appreciate thanks.

I would try looking at Edmund Scientific (Edmund Optics) as they have a huge variety of optics. You just need to know your focal length and diameter.

http://www.edmundoptics.com/ There you go dude, link is provided.

-T

Or, look for jayrobs Meredith glass lens mod for reds in the B/S/T section; LarryDFW also has a broadband-coated glass lens. +20% power for ~$55n (including mount). Lens only is ~$25.

ryckee;

In order to choose the best lens, you have to determine what the important characteristics are.

For low cost at the expense of less power, the Aixiz glass lens @ $5 is a good start.

IMO, for the best burning beam, the Hi-Power lens gives you high power & a narrow beam waist.

The Meridith may get a few more mw, but with a larger diameter beam

LarryDFW

Last edited:
ryckee;

In order to choose the best lens, you have to determine what the important characteristics are.

For low cost at the expense of less power, the Aixiz glass lens @ $5 is a good start.

IMO, for the best burning beam, the Hi-Power lens gives you high power & a narrow beam waist.

The Meridith may get a few more mw, but with a larger diameter beam

LarryDFW

5$ for aixiz glass lens? Where can I buy one for 5$?

I have them, as well as a few other sellers.

Pkg. & Shipping will add a few more bucks in the continental U.S.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
larry, what "highpower lens" were you refering to in post 4? are you talking about your broadband lens? or the meridith... or a different lens. curious because i was about to order a meridith until you mentoned it has a wider beam.. and i like tight clean beams. let me know, Thx Larry

Dark

jayrob

You will get the most out of red with a Meredith glass lens. But they are now using thier new broad band lens...

I have a few of thier 'optimized for red' lenses left:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=22501

As Larry mentioned, the beam may be a hair wider than the 405-G-1, but it is not much. You will like the Meredith better. Miloš does...

See this post from Miloš:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=37895&page=3#67

He has beam comparison pictures there, and some good comments on the comparison...
Jay

Last edited:
yeah jay, i need some kind of highpower red lens, preferably one of the "optimized for red" ones. and maybe a few glass lenses too for my PHR builds.

jayrob

I have not talked to Dennis at Meredith for about 3 weeks, so I don't know if they have any of them left, but I do have 8 of the 'optimized for red' glass lenses on hand...

And plenty of the 405-G-1 glass lenses! :) Which as you know, are the best for blu-ray. (so far)

They are only about 3% less power for red vs Meredith's 'optimized for red' lens. So I believe the 405-G-1 glass lens is the better choice for a universal lens vs Meredith's new broad band lens. (IMO)

Here's a bunch of different power and lens comparisons I did:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=33965
Jay

Last edited: