Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a bit of help

Would this 532nm 200mW Green Laser Diode Module | eBay fit in this Survival Laser C6 Host Assembly host? And what heat sink would I want?

It is too long at 50mm but if you get the "extended and tapered heat sink" and the drilled pill, then it will either just fit or be a little too long and stick out the front a little but it would probably be close enough, that heat sink I think is 30mm. So with that heat sink the host is $35, and you need to buy this:
DIY Battery Contact Board & Pill Module
So that brings your cost up to $45. There is however a complication here, those modules are case positive, normally the heat sink and module are isolated from the host in a C6, but with either of the two extended heat sinks they are long enough to make contact with the pill, you could get one of the regular size heat sinks but then the module will stick out the front much more. With the extended heat sink the module won't be isolated from the host or it probably won't be. So you would need to wire the battery contact board to the module backwards, red to black and black to red so that it will be positive toward the tail cap. The problem with that is there is no spring on the battery contact board so the negative end of the battery probably won't make contact, you should be able to easily solve this with a blob of solder in the center of the battery contact board. You would be using one 18650 battery in that host.

Alan

Is there any host there that I could just put the module right in?

Contact LPF member Ehgemus, he makes hosts for those too and they are priced very well.

Is there any host there that I could just put the module right in?

The three Survival Laser hosts are almost exactly the same size and aren't made for modules longer than 30mm. With a 532nm it is best to just buy one already made. Hopefully someone else will comment here. I don't know what standard host would fit, I know I have two that would fit a module that size but they were both made by Mrcrouse. I would ask Ehgemus or Mrcrouse to make a host that fits a 50mm module, otherwise I would build it into a project box or build something with a lab type heat sink.

Alan