Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need 5 m140 diodes outputting for burning

I am looking for someone who knows all about these blue diodes to make me 5 lasers. I'm looking to have the beams on all 5 focused for maximum burning potential with output of 1.6w each. I intend to use them for experiments. Also you will need to live in the UK, payment will be in new m140 diodes. Pls pm me if you can do the job, thanks, Robert

Soren

Maximum burning potential? Why don't you just get a 40w CO2 tube off of ebay?

Do you have a host in mind?
Or if not, how big do you want them to be?

You focus a laser on the fly by rotating the lens,
but per you description you probably want a G1/G2 lens.

Do you have a host in mind?
Or if not, how big do you want them to be?

You focus a laser on the fly by rotating the lens,
but per you description you probably want a G1/G2 lens.

Im not fussed about the host just a small cheap ones will do, if i need a G1/G2lens then ok i will need these if they do the job.

Can you do it for me? also in what time frame? thanks

So let me get this straight. You want 5 1.6W lasers. You don't have a certain host in mind?

Should be pretty easy to do right? How long of a dutycycle do you need?

jimdt7

So let me get this straight. You want 5 1.6W lasers. You don't have a certain host in mind?

I think he want's to combine them all together :thinking:

Jim

are'nt CO2 tubes like $200-300 off ebay? 5 1.6w's would come to about the same or more than that, plus CO2 are way cooler

I just need small hosts, i have had alook at andys setup looks nice but i want to adjust the beams in different positions and all at the same point so seperate hosts would be better. What is the duty cycle? thanks

Last edited:
"No bicycles, only lasers"
^ I hope someone remembers that

Anyway, a duty cycle is how long you can keep a laser on and how long it must stay off in order to cool down.
For example "1 minute on, 1 minute off"

DTR

If you are looking to burn stuff or even do CNC type work you may want to look at the single mode 405nm diodes if stepping up to C02 is not feasible for you. They burn way better than a multimode 445 that is 4X the power as they have much greater power density also being near UV they have better energy absorption with most materials.;)

Last edited: