Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Name That Laser ! PRIZE UPDATE !!  See page 3

S

SenKat

Okay - Rick Lee, the owner of the new Fusion laser - wants a new name for his lasers ! I cannot promise a huge prize or anything - cause I don't own the company - but since I consider him a cool guy, and I like his lasers, I will toss in something as a prize - I am not going to get cornered into naming the prize yet - but let's see if we can get our creative juices flowing - think of a theme, maybe if he has future lasers, he can use the theme for naming them all !
No copyright infringement, etc - nothing nasty, let's help the guy out - he gave us a heck of a price on them....

Re: Name That Laser !

I would go with spectre or somthing like that, Im not too creative ;)

S

SenKat

This contest has been posted at CPF, too - c'mon folks - let's hear some ideas !

Phusion has been suggested....

Hmmm... what is the company name? I need that to hear the two names together, to hear the ring.

Possibilities:

Oh wait... I am holding those ransom until I know what the prize is ;D

A free laser would do nicely... ::)

S

SenKat

Uhm - no free laser ! I was thinking some optics perhaps, maybe even a diode to build your own laser ? I have not come up with a suitable prize yet...but cannot afford to give away any more lasers ! Sorry guys :(

I have a few to throw into the pot

The Augur 125

The Aegis 125

The Venom 125

:cool:

Jase

S

SenKat

Hmmmm - Venom....kinda a snake theme perhaps ? Venom, viper, rattler, python (for maybe a LARGE laser) etc....could work ! I'll leave this thread open a while yet to provide more of a chance for others to toss their ideas in the bag....

T

timelord

Emerald range or series or Emerald green range..

Had another think about this

continuing the snake theme , you could add. (just for example) being careful to avoid the Viper from DL ;)

a range.

Boa 15
Asp 35
Coral 55
Python 75
Cobra 95
Copperhead 125
Venom 150

Or consider a spider theme (not Spyder)

Trapdoor 15
wolf 35
Huntsman 55
Black widow 75
Recluse 95
Tarantula 125
Venom 150 (again)

Just ideas, to give a feel for a theme. I feel a theme is important if future lasers will be added to a family, its all about how you FEEL about a product, as to how to market it. Lasers are like snakes and spiders, they are beautiful to look at, but if handled the wrong way, they will bite back.

Both themes should provide enough artistic license for a spider or snake design to become a trademark, and you can hardly infringe on any copyright by naming other creatures in the animal Kingdom. ;)

anyhow enough from me,
Jase

How about the red dragon, if it's a red laser or the green dragon if it's a green laser ( not to sound too close the dragonlasers, but whatever)
or I like the other suggestion about the viper

ok...my theme was more along the lines of heat, rather then snakes or spiders...but here goes:

Diablo, Blaze, Flame, Inferno, Fazer, Phazer

I like something like

vaporizer  vaporize

something like that??

vaporize series
vaporizer 125
vaporizer 95

K

kingzilla

I have only one name, but it is clearly the best, THE INTIFADA!!! ;D ;D ;D