Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Name for our new Hotel, help me choose one!

Ok, we've built a hotel near a beach in Argentina (Pinamar is the name of the beach, if anybody knows it).

It's a 3 story hotel with a facade that includes rocks, a fish pond and a fountain.

Sad thing, we can't decide a name for it, so if you want please leave some names (as many as you want) so you can help us decide which one to choose (I'll post pictures of the hotel when we get a banner for it (or something that has the name written on), of course).

Thanks!

Pinamar Place

Pinamar Palace

Pinamar Resort

Hotel on Pinamar Beach ;)

Resorte de Pinamar (probably not correct)

Cosa Nostra Pinamar (our thing is what it means)

Ok, so I am not original, sue me... :)

Ok, so I am not original, sue me...

Resorte = Spring (as in the spring in a laser barrell)

Resort would be ok (it's an accepted english word in spanish)

Cosa Nostra is not in spanish, Cosa Nuestra is (it sounds like a drive in hotel :p)

You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Niko said:

Cosa Nostra is not in spanish, Cosa Nuestra is (it sounds like a drive in hotel :p)

Yes Cosa Nostra is most definatelly italian. :) thought it would add a mysterious touch to the hotel. :) My Spanish i awful though, for some reason I thought resorte would be a resort, now I know.

your lawyers better have a 20mw 593 ready to ship though, otherwise my original ideas go to the competitor down the beach. ;)

brtaman said:
[quote author=Niko link=1230428015/0#3 date=1230489190]

Yes Cosa Nostra is most definatelly italian. :) thought it would add a mysterious touch to the hotel.  :) My Spanish i awful though,  for some reason I thought resorte would be a resort, now I know.

your lawyers better have a 20mw 593 ready to ship though, otherwise my original ideas go to the competitor down the beach.  ;)
[/quote]

My lawyers have a variable nanometer output laser, so watch out :)

I don't want anything that has to be with the street name in which it's placed, nor Pinamar/Beach/Hotel/Resort.

just a name, i don't know, like "Bliss". (just an example, not that i want anything related with it)

jwc

When you come up with the name, I'll remember this next time I want to go on vacation. :)

I took almost 8 years of Spanish in school. I'm not particularly good with languages in general, but I can get my point across without too much embarrassment.

Anyways, I can't provide any particular examples because I am absolutely horrible with names. However, your example of "Bliss" brings up a good point; if you want a name that doesn't have to do with the area, it needs to be "short and sweet", as clichéd as that phrase is. I've been to Bermuda a bunch of times and a lot of them are named with simple sounding names: "Ariel Sands", "Pompano Beach Club" (I've been to that one several times and it's very good, in case anyone's planning on going to Bermuda), etc.

If you have any kinds of local fish or produce with nice sounding names that you like, consider one of those.

We're trying to give it a rock name (semi-precious rocks, anyone? that'd be great).

We already have a 7-house complex there (not now, it's high season and everything's taken already :p)
i made a website for it a long time ago (i want to update it so i'm working on a little redesign of the map and stuff, i did that page in like 1 hour)
http://www.complejolasolas.com.ar/

daguin

Niko said:
We're trying to give it a rock name (semi-precious rocks, anyone? that'd be great).

We already have a 7-house complex there (not now, it's high season and everything's taken already :p)
i made a website for it a long time ago (i want to update it so i'm working on a little redesign of the map and stuff, i did that page in like 1 hour)
http://www.complejolasolas.com.ar/

Argentina is famous for its silver mines AND the beautiful rhodochrosite that is associated with hydrothermal intrusions into the silver ores.

http://images.google.com/images?ie=...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Also, the Patagonia region is famous for its plethora of dinosaur fossils and petrified pine cones.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=patagonia cones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** I can't be sure from the gallery, but in some of the pictures the roof looks blue. If so, Argentina also has azurite and lapis

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=argentina lapis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=argentina azurite&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

All those are beautiful stones (I'm an amateur collector, but not as big as you and other members are (can't even fill one desk with all my stones, you can fill two rooms with yours :p)), but we just can't write "rhodochrosite" as a name, it's far too complicated for people that call and ask for the features of the hotel.

We've actually thought of Lapiz Lazuli but it doesn't suit the hotel.

Azurite... hmm...I don't know, if I translate it into spanish it'd be "Azurita", and argentineans tend to relate words with the worst possible meanings, for example:
Garbage = Basura
diminutive of "Basura" = Basurita

so if we named it "Azurita" it'd sound like "Basurita", not good at all, haha.

I think I'll just have to get a huge book with rock names so we can choose a name from it...
If you know more names, please let me know!
Thanks for helping :)

rkcstr

Sapphire de Pinamar?  Ok, it's not semi-precious  ;)

Or Peridot/Peridot de Pinamar, it sounds nice :)

daguin

How about something with silver then?

Dice "plata" in espanol, si?"

fondo de plata?

corona de plata?

primaveras de plata?