Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Naked PSXBoy Diodes? (N00b alert)

Hey Veterans,

I'm venturing out into violet lasers. At PSXBoy, under the PS3, I see a pair of naked laser diodes with no sled on. I've hunted around and at $10, they look like a good deal (although some of you might know of better deals).

Is one a 405nm diode? Or both of them? Is one the famous PHR-803T diode? What is the difference between the two? And what are the pinouts?

I'd be happy to avoid pulling the diode out of a sled (with the risk and trouble), but would I somehow be better off getting a sled?

Any and all answers welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Burgess

Go to the B/S/T section... you can find a PHR803T sled there...
Some members will even extract the LD for you.... and mount it in an Aixiz
Module..

You will need to do a bit of reading first... all the info is in Threads/Posts...

Remember... the [Search] button is your friend... :cool:

Jerry

Thank you for your reply. Just to let you know, I read the FAQs for the Forum and for the Violet/Blue section, and did searches for PSXboy and KES-410A (and variations) before I posted. :-/

-Burgess

The KES diode will only give you 10-20mW of power, it's not very bright at all. Seeing as you can get a PHR-803T for the same price (or probably cheaper after shipping), which is capable of at least 100mW, there's no real reason to buy a PS3 diode anymore.

in the psxboy site look under the xbox hd dvd. that is the where you will find the phr.

pseudolobster said:
The KES diode will only give you 10-20mW of power, it's not very bright at all. Seeing as you can get a PHR-803T for the same price (or probably cheaper after shipping), which is capable of at least 100mW, there's no real reason to buy a PS3 diode anymore.

Except for the fact that just one KES-400A diode can produce both around 20mW of violet and 5mW of red... I personally love two-color diodes. But it is pretty weak...