Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mythbusters is popping corn with a laser.

Its on right now...USA..EST.

They are going to recreate the Real Genius 5MW laser popcorn stunt.

k1kb0t

Awesome, TIVO will record it for me. Mythbusters Rocks!!!

Jon

Lol they popped a kernel with a 10W laser! But the kernel was wrapped in aluminum foil.

Last edited:
Never mind..its lame :yabbmad:

I always thought the beam in the movie was green, in their clip the beam looks violet.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Since they can't get multi-megawatt lasers, they're using induction heating to pop the kernels...

I don't care.... :na: ... I always watch them....:evil:

:thanks: for reminding me...

Jerry

Gotta say this year shows are getting lame. Some of the myths are real stupid. Plus between filler clips and commercials, the actual show is only about 28 minutes long LOL. I timed it once. Yeah..I don't have a life.

Well looks like I'm going to be driving faster in the rain to stay dry...:whistle:

Jerry

I've had a few convertibles when I lived in Florida and that's what everyone did. It rained more intermittently so there was no need to pull over. Doesn't work on a bike though...:yabbem:

k1kb0t

The owner of that Porsche better bill them for the repairs. Never loan anything to the Mythbusters that you care about.

I am a MB sceptic, I have started threads on the Discovery forum a couple of times over the inapropriate methods used.
A couple of things they have busted in the past have been confirmed on british TV programes.
Did you see the moon landing episode when jamie shone a green laser on Adams forehead? nuf said.

Regards rog8811

rog can you link some of that! im very interested in that as well. i have seen them jump to busted to many times without trying a few simple things

Here you go, I was involved in the power boat split on a metal post, they tested it out of water so there was nothing to stop the boat from bouncing off..... which it did.
Also the kill bill coffin escape where they busted it because the air cylinder they used was too short on stroke to do the job.... basic stuff.

Regards rog8811

The MythBusters - Forum Powered by Eve For Enterprise

I will have to agree with you guys on them jumping to conclusions, but I must say that I rather enjoyed last weeks episode where they tried to break glas with a sonic boom. That episode was awesome.

last weeks episode
Not seen in the UK yet, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the programe but there are times when they get it so wrong....

Regards rog8811