Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My X105 Isn't Working

gmAg21

I bought new batteries... And still it doesnt want to work. I cant light matches, the beam is dim and idk whats wrong

hmm seems like you can see the line
and the dot looks about right

if you can pick the beam up with no camera settings/fog - you got yourself a pretty good laser/camera
i hope you werent expecting a light saber...

gmAg21

no well still... i cant burn matches or cut through black plastic =[

S

SenKat

Are they NEW batteries ? If not - toss those out, and go buy new ones. If you REALLY want bright - go buy some Lithiums - they REALLY make the X-series come to life ! Try also adding in some tinfoil to the endcap - sometimes the spring is not as strong as it should be inorder to work properly, and will make an intermittent issue...

Gazoo

You should have no trouble lighting a non-sharpied safety match at a foot. If you put cheap or off branded batteries in it, then that could be the problem.

Gazoo

me_too_lazy said:
but even cheap batteries should make an x-105 pop a balloon..

Not necessarily....

gmAg21...before you think you have a defective laser you need to try good batteries. Get E2 Lithiums like SenKat suggested or at the very least buy brand name (Energizer-Duracell) alkaline batteries.

LarryQ

I don't want to answer for him...
But he did PM me that he was using New Energizer E2 lithiums...

THat picture is just so hard to decipher..

So much about the camera settings affect the final outcome.

I will say that the "Dot" looks about right....

and the fact that the beam is visable tells me that it's ok.

BUT..

THe balloon popping..and match lighting..and black plastic burning has me thrown.

If it really is damaged..I would assume it was damaged in shipping...
I mean ..if you think about the alignment that needs to be done to even get a green setup..It's a wonder ANY of them make it through the shipping process.

If he was to take a darker colored balloon..it should pop almost instantly at a foot or so...

LarryQ

S

SenKat

I am just glad SOMEONE is answering ! :) Okay, so even with good Lithiums in it, it would not burn or pop ? Then - call Nova, setup an RMA, and get a new one sent out asap ! 'nuff said :)

I have an x105 and it also will not light matches no matter how much I sharpie them nor will it burn black plastic. It will pop baloons as long as they are within a few feet though. Mine also had the problem with the end cap like Senkat mentioned. Sometimes it would go dim or not turn on at all until I messed with the end cap. When I got the keylock end cap for it, that problem went away.

gmAg21

I bought about 12 lithium e2 batteries and tested them all. still i could not successfully light a match or cut through black plastic.

Does the plastic smoke at all? What does the dot look like through your laser goggles? (You do have goggles right?) Maybe if the dot looks on the large size the optics could be out of wack. When I look at the dot through my goggles, the dot looks like a pinhole sized dot closeup.