Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My ugly laser dot

L@z3r

So i made the biggest mistake by putting the laser in my pocket lens down.
I turned the laser on, and now is the ugliest laser dot i have ever seen. I tried blowing air on it, nothing works.

Attachments

• S6303351.JPG
    S6303351.JPG
    865.4 KB · Views: 1,333

L@z3r

john_lawson said:
hey now you have a built in diffraction Grating  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha yeah i kinda do. So i just took the lens from another broken module i had and i put the whole collminating lens on, but the dot is super huge within 10 feet its around 1 in wide.

Ace82

I carry my laser in my pocket with the aperture down all the time. It is a x-75 that has a cap at the aperture that easily unscrews, that reveals the lens that can be easily accessible for cleaning. :) I just use a thin clean soft hair/dirt/fur-free cloth with NO cleaning agent, and gently rub it clean. I believe that some lenses have a protective film/coat that gets damaged if you use rubbing alcohol or other cleaning agents.

L@z3r

FIXED THE DOT ! Now it's even cleaner then when it was brand new. Pics soon to follow.

Ace82 said:
I carry my laser in my pocket with the aperture down all the time.  It is a x-75 that has a cap at the aperture that easily unscrews, that reveals the lens that can be easily accessible for cleaning.   :)  I just use a thin clean soft hair/dirt/fur-free cloth with NO cleaning agent, and gently rub it clean.  I believe that some lenses have a protective film/coat that gets damaged if you use rubbing alcohol or other cleaning agents.  

CRAP so that's why mine has a lot of haze around it! The worst part is...

...it was the diode.

Any way to fix this? (It's not that bad, but I would still prefer a nice clean beam.

When unfocused, the laser looks just like that picture. When focused, it has a haze around the dot for a few inches radius. It can still light matches fine, but the beam is not as visible.

-Mark

I can't tell you how many time that has happened to me. :'( Brand new Kaidomain 100mW with an unusual tint of green (compared with some of my other greenies) gone with one harmless wipe . Now I have a seprate drawer with the label spare parts for the event that I ever get time to do some builds.
I figure when I retire I'll have a shweet parts copulation for builds . Beats playing Golf [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Switch

Unusual tint of green? That kinda defies physics as we know it unless it's some other kind of laser than the usual DPSS. :-/

jander6442 said:
I can't tell you how many time that has happened to me. :'(  Brand new  Kaidomain 100mW with an unusual tint of green (compared with some of my other greenies) gone with one harmless wipe . Now I have a seprate drawer with the label spare parts for the event that I ever get time to do some builds.
I figure when I retire I'll have a shweet parts [highlight]copulation[/highlight] for builds . Beats playing Golf [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hmmm... you may want to look "copulation" up in a dictionary.. ;D

daguin

ElektroFreak said:
I figure when I retire I'll have a shweet parts [highlight]copulation[/highlight] for builds . [highlight]Beats playing Golf[/highlight] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I think that you will have to agree though that [highlight]copulation [/highlight]most definitely [highlight]"Beats playing golf"[/highlight]  [smiley=engel017.gif]

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=ElektroFreak link=1231957621/0#8 date=1232136154]
I figure when I retire I'll have a shweet parts [highlight]copulation[/highlight] for builds . [highlight]Beats playing Golf[/highlight] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I think that you will have to agree though that [highlight]copulation [/highlight]most definitely [highlight]"Beats playing golf"[/highlight]  [smiley=engel017.gif]

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Uh, yeah.. definitely... [smiley=happy.gif]

jander6442 said:
I can't tell you how many time that has happened to me. :'(  Brand new  Kaidomain 100mW with an unusual tint of green (compared with some of my other greenies) gone with one harmless wipe . Now I have a seprate drawer with the label spare parts for the event that I ever get time to do some builds.
I figure when I retire I'll have a shweet parts copulation for builds . Beats playing Golf [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Copulation is not always fun for the female partner :p

daguin

[ch12290 said:
][quote author=jander6442 link=1231957621/0#6 date=1232113066]I can't tell you how many time that has happened to me. :'(  Brand new  Kaidomain 100mW with an unusual tint of green (compared with some of my other greenies) gone with one harmless wipe . Now I have a seprate drawer with the label spare parts for the event that I ever get time to do some builds.
Copulation is not always fun for the female partner :p[/quote]

Then someone is doing it wrong

Peace,
dave