Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My stupid xbox 360 got red ring of death!

hello, my xbox 360 just got the red ring of death and it isn't covered by warranty, yah!!! i get to spend hundreds more on another one, yah!!!!!

-travis

hah... c wut happens when u change ur gamertag?..lol

playin 2 much or not enuf heat gettin out of it?

good thing is that u get 2 take it apart now....

iewed

$80 will get you a refurb with warranty.
Or $200 for a bare system, and $20 for a 3 year warranty from Square Trade.

iewed said:
$80 will get you a refurb with warranty.
Or $200 for a bare system, and $20 for a 3 year warranty from Square Trade.

actually, $94 for a repair

bugattidude said:
hah... c wut happens when u change ur gamertag?..lol

ya, i hed it on for no more than 30 minutes and it stopped working, i have changed my gamertag literally over 10 times, and its wide out in the open with plenty of air ventalation!

I remember the red ring of death. :( Lucky for me I got the warranty on it. :D
Took a month though. :'(

--hydro15

Things

Why are so many people getting the red ring of death? Our Xbox had the same prob, and was luckily covered by warranty. Surely Microsoft would have figured out that it needed more cooling or something .... Not everyone is gonna know

microsoft extended EVERYONES warranty to 3 years to cover the red ring of death (over heating one)

you should still be covered.

unless of course tyou bought your xbox when they first came out.

I HAD mine since launch day with no problems then I had to sell it to say off some debts :-/....well it only had about 3 hours on it after about 2 years :p thats more than my Wii had but way less than my PS3 and WAY less than my original gameboy and my gameboy color, I have 570hours just on pokemon red ::) think about how many hours are on tetris :cool:

thesk8nmidget said:
microsoft extended EVERYONES warranty to 3 years to cover the red ring of death (over heating one)

you should still be covered.

unless of course tyou bought your xbox when they first came out.

yes they did but only for 3 red rings, i got 1 red light so im not covered :( and i got it when it first came out

rkcstr

Did you look up what the light means? They're error lights, and a red light can show up just because the video cable came disconnected or the power supply is bad or something.

rkcstr said:
Did you look up what the light means? They're error lights, and a red light can show up just because the video cable came disconnected or the power supply is bad or something.
if all 4 are blinking then it's the cable if 3 are blinking then your screwed ;)

maxkillz said:
[quote author=rkcstr link=1225773845/0#10 date=1225810973]Did you look up what the light means?  They're error lights, and a red light can show up just because the video cable came disconnected or the power supply is bad or something.
if all 4 are blinking then it's the cable if 3 are blinking then your screwed ;)[/quote]

^^ What here said.

--hydro15

travislikescoolstuff said:
[quote author=bugattidude link=1225773845/0#1 date=1225774507]hah... c wut happens when u change ur gamertag?..lol

ya, i hed it on for no more than 30 minutes and it stopped working, i have changed my gamertag literally over 10 times, and its wide out in the open with plenty of air ventalation![/quote]

idk then... i got the 3 fan kit for mine

if the fan plugs in between ur xbox and power plug then it is bad and gives u a greater chance of getting the red rings because it increases power, don't use a fan unless it has its own power source!