Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My (somewhat late )introduction

After reading Hakzaw1's etiquette post I realized I never did an introductory post so here it is. I have lived in central NJ my whole life and have been into photography since 1975, with shooting concerts my main pursuit in the 70's and 80's. I have always enjoyed seeing and photographing a good innovative light show or band such as Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc and have many of my photos published in books and online on many of the best fan sites of bands I have photographed and enjoy. These were in the pre digital days of film where shots cost money and you could not afford to be wasteful since you actually had a finite amount of film available to use. Also there was no auto focus. In the digital era, my main photographic passion was shooting in NYC mainly at night. I have taken literal lythousands of shoots in NYC between 2000 and the present. One of my main projects was shooting the Empire State Building in its different color schemes from the same exact spot. I did this 58 different times and sold my project to the Empire State Building Marketing Dept, who made a really nice poster and set of post cards from my work. I was also paid a nice sum of money for my efforts. My ESB shots were also used on a WNBC show, "Janes New York" where they did a feature on how they light up the ESB.

Which gets me to my involvement into lasers. I had purchased a Radio Shack red pointer (which I still have and is operational) in 1998 for I think about 80 dollars and at the time was the coolest thing ever. In 2003 I got a green pointer (still have and is operational) which was so much brighter and cooler. I did in fact photograph them to some good results. Fast foward to 2012. I did not even know about the "laser world" until I read in the Daily News newspaper about NY's Senator Chuck Schumer going crazy about powerful blue lasers purchased from China being shined at airplanes and the problems that created. Which led me to Google search for Blue lasers and I purchased one from Dragon Lasers and then joined the forum. I got into the laser hobby mainly to photograph them. I started with simple things such as beam shots, and as I learned (and purchased) more about lasers and optics, starting getting into more complex set ups using diffraction grating, mirrors, and all sorts of prisms, crystals, liquids, etc.

I am very grateful to the forum for 99.9% of the knowledge I have learned about the hobby and to it members. I have posted many of my photographs on the forum and hope people have enjoyed them. I do not think anyone here knows anything about me, but here is an insight into me and my background.

IsaacT

That is awesome!!! Now to go find your pictures and see what the craze is about haha

Belated Welcome to the forum in response to a Belated Intro! Hope you continue to enjoy your stay!

-Isaac

sinner

Great stuff there , very impressive work on the empire state building!!

And the things that i really really liked was how you read the newspaper about such high power lasers purchased from china and shined on the airplanes and you got yourself one right away.. Right on brother!! :na:

Jokes apart, I really like the photography work that you do with lasers and having set my desktop walpaper that yellow one with two optics heads for quite a bit of time..

Wish you good luck , enjoy :beer:

I's never to late to say "Hi"..

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Profile if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics