Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My rifle laser!!

bGot this nifty little bolt action rifle butane lighter as a stocking stuffer. I just had to rip this thing apart and turn it into a laser!

You can see the aixiz module at the end of the barrel.
I had to machine the module down to make it fit into the barrel.

The original switch to light the lighter now presses up against a clicky switch to trun the laser on and off.

It's got a 445nm diode with aixiz glass lens and a Mohgasm driver at 1.25A

Right now I don't have a battery compartment setup, i just tape the wires to 2xCR2 batteries and shove them into the butt of the gun, which has a black metal cover.
attachment.php

PS - this is in our spare room, it's pretty cluttered!

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 6,536
Last edited:

jimdt7

Very nice :gj:, i love laser guns :D
but no shooting videos :yabbem:
+1 :beer:

Jim

Very nice :gj:, i love laser guns :D
but no shooting videos :yabbem:
+1 :beer:

Jim

it was 3am and my batteries were low.
Thjey are on the charger and i have since left and am at work right now.

I'll have beam shots tomorrow and a video of it.

bGot this nifty little bolt action rifle butane lighter as a stocking stuffer. I just had to rip this thing apart and turn it into a laser!

You can see the aixiz module at the end of the barrel.
I had to machine the module down to make it fit into the barrel.

The original switch to light the lighter now presses up against a clicky switch to trun the laser on and off.

It's got a 445nm diode with aixiz glass lens and a Mohgasm driver at 1.25A

Right now I don't have a battery compartment setup, i just tape the wires to 2xCR2 batteries and shove them into the butt of the gun, which has a black metal cover.
Nice Rifle hack Moh...
Get some firing vids posted...

BTW... you seem to have Fat Fingers when you drink...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:
That's got me thinking...I saw an M-16 lighter just like that at the gas station yesterday....

Last edited:
yeah it looks great but it was a pain the put together.
I had to machine the module down so much it was paper thin, i was surprise the threads even stayed on. I could actually bend the module with my fingers because it was so thin.
Pressing it into the barrel gives it stability though

I placed a clicky switch where the electric clicker thing sat for the lighter, and ended up having to cut about 5mm off the front of the button you see that sits behind the scope.

the 2x CR2 barely fit, and i have to force them in. So i don't see much chance of actually making a battery compartment for them.

I may try to go with 2x10440

I would be nice to wire in two old cell phone batteries and buy a charging adapter and mount it where the butane refill hole is at, so you could just plug it in to charge it.

Really cool looking build, cant wait for the video. I though this was just going to be Lazerer's Rifle.

video is uploading now.
no beam shots, my camera just such at getting those. But the video gives a good close look of the build and of it working.

nice build! seems were taking slow steps towards futuristic warfare... +1

Last edited:
Lol Moh, at first glance I thought you mounted a scope-laser on your laser-rifle!

Second thought... do that and you can make one of those Xibit meme posters XDDD. "I heard you like lasers and guns..."