Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Ophir was Stolen :(

rhd

Re: My Ophir has Stolen :(

When he shipped mine, it was tracked. I would take a look at your tracking information and see if it indicates anything about customs.

Apart from that, I think you're probably the victim of your mail carrier. That seller has 700 feedback, all 100% positive. In my dealings with him, he was fantastic and completely on the up and up.

If the Ophir isn't in the package, my bet would be that fault lies in Greece. Of course, that still shouldn't prohibit the sender from collecting on the postal insurance. You may need to ask him to do so on your behalf.

Last edited:
Re: My Ophir has Stolen :(

I have tracking number: LJ 629 707 794 US

I already sent message to him, I'm waiting :/

ped

Arent these things usually weighed when posted? ophirs arent light, this wouldnt indicate wether the thing was IN the package when it was posted.

If the package was opened and you signed for the package... sorry to tell you, but your stuck. NEVER sign for anything if the package has been opened. Refuse to sign for the package and take the tracking number to the closest post office and ask for compensation.

In this case the Ophir head was missing, so they would contact the seller and arrange a refund for both parties.

DTR

LJ 629 707 794 US is a first class or priority customs number not a tracking number. He should not have had to sign for it. Also this means that the seller has no proof that he delivered the item to you and it is his responsibility to make sure that you received it. If he will not send another just file a Item not received claim and just say you did not receive it. I am sure the seller will work with you to get it resolved but either way you are on the winning side of that argument. The only way for the seller to win a item not received claim is to send with tracked mail that requires signature confirmation.;)

I am actually very surprised he does not require the buyer to pay for Express shipping. All of my eBay items that are over $100 require this.

Last edited:
Thanks DTR.

I'm waiting seller response.

PS: I sent him the money out of eBay, with PayPal.

What did the Package weight.?

When you got the package was is left outside in your mail box or it came to your door and you got it hand to hand from the post man.?

Sorry to here this. THe seller is a nice guy. so wht ever he can do he will.

:( This Sucks.:(

Last edited:
Doesn't really seem like the kind of thing people would steal....
Posties aren't usually laser experts... That looks like a useless block of metal with a hole in it to muggles, not like a laser pointer or an iPod or cash...

That's weird that it would be taken... Maybe the package ripped and it fell out somewhere?

What did the Package weight.?

When you got the package was is left outside in your mail box or it came to your door and you got it hand to hand from the post man.?

Sorry to here this. THe seller is a nice guy. so wht ever he can do he will.

:( This Sucks.:(

I don't know. He left it outside. It was unregistered. :(

^^^ This might be a weird question to ask but do any of your friends live close to you and know that you where getting the Ophir head.?

You never know.

The person that took it knew what it was.

The Mail Man would have not delivered it open like you say it was open..

SO someone took it after it was placed in your mail box.

So I would look at the people in your surroundings.

Last edited: