Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My newest bdr209!

Hey there everyone!

Wanted to share a couple pics of a new BDR build that I put together last night! So far this is the most powerful 405 I have and comparing to my other 405s, it looks to be bluer in color :)

- BDR-209 - 1019mw max :gun:
- Survival Lasers S4 host
- 'Lifetime17' custom extended heatsink and knurled knob
- Survival Lasers adjustable driver set to 620ma
- Sanwu G2

hptpGGGh.jpg

vtaCE9Sh.jpg

Xp7vy6vh.jpg

2slEf3oh.jpg

wjYOs85h.jpg

Little bit of vape smoke was added for this next one:)
bbo5Vijh.jpg

~850mw on left, 1019mw on right.
OKmElzWh.jpg

JUGcGvph.jpg

After ~15 seconds, I was hoping to break the 1W mark and dang, not by much but I'll take it!
unNk7Cwh.jpg

EDIT: a couple more... :)
PG6foECh.jpg

ZfkKfuHh.jpg

v27sKtEh.jpg

Thanks for checking out my latest 405 build!!! :beer:

Last edited:

Sta

Cool! Pretty risky to push it above 1W but looks like you got lucky.
I would +rep but I must spread some around first.

Nice build! :beer:

Cool! Pretty risky to push it above 1W but looks like you got lucky.
I would +rep but I must spread some around first.

Nice build! :beer:

Thanks man!! I know many 209s have been murdered trying to get that 1w goal, but at only 620ma it seems that this particular diode is a little more efficient.

But regardless, I got these just in case :)
OVilhL7l.jpg

I was going to say you might still lose it, but see you are prepared for that. I just gave you rep on another thread. Good Luck.

Hi CK,
That is a nice build and you have many diodes to thats good. All you need now is a SL Stainless 405 build.. Great pics to by the way.. Awesome ..

Rich:)

Thanks Paul! I know that even pushing them to 600ma can be risky but I have a bunch and figured I have one or two to lose. :beer:

Rich- thanks man, the sink is looking great man! I have been thinking of a stainless build, they really spiff a laser up thats for sure! When SL gets new stock in I might just have to grab one.

Pman

Yeah, congrats on that 1W mark as I gave up on it myself after blowing a few. Just have to be aware that it could bow on turn on at any time. The big deal I've figured out is the turn on so when it's on without blowing you should be good to run it.

Reactions: GSS
Hi Cali K

Will be turning Copper sinks for the SL , S4 & S4X hosts
Nice
Job on your build awesome

Rich��

Yeah, congrats on that 1W mark as I gave up on it myself after blowing a few. Just have to be aware that it could blow on turn on at any time. The big deal I've figured out is the turn on so when it's on without blowing you should be good to run it.

Thanks for the kind words Pman! So far it seems to be running solid (knocks on wood). I have a couple future BDR builds that will be either at or above 600ma and besides this particular build, all the drivers will have ramp up caps on them! I already have (2) dead 209s so I'd hate to keep adding to my diode graveyard!

Will be turning Copper sinks for the SL , S4 & S4X hosts
Nice Job on your build awesome

Thanks Rich!! I can't wait for the copper sinks! Definitely a nice touch with polished copper. I'll have to stay tuned cause i know I'll need at least 1 :)

Love the BDR-209, I want to build a big array someday.

I know man that would be awesome. The reason I have so many bdrs is I was going to use (12) and place them as close and evenly spaced as possible in a circle, put a couple big lenses in front and start experimenting! But after seeing how much more money I needed to finish the project the way I wanted too, I realized I think I bit off more than I can chew ATM. I even bought a huge 2"x3"x6" AL stock and almost had it machined, who knows maybe one day :(

FIxmJhDl.jpg