Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new "Truth about kipkay" video

Well without him we wouldnt have people killing diodes with conecting them straight to batteries, but also we wouldnt have half our members here, i started all this cause of that video and im sure there is quite a few other people that have to

I mean who woulda that that a laser could light a match or pop a baloon.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
Well without him we wouldnt have people killing diodes with conecting them straight to batteries, but also we wouldnt have half our members here, i started all this cause of that video and im sure there is quite a few other people that have to

I mean who woulda that that a laser could light a match or pop a baloon.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

I got onto this site because of that video as well.... Although.... it did cost me 2 diodes in the process... :'(

so if he had have tweaked his video added a few parts he could of been a legend!!!

;)

He shoulda done 2 seperate vidoes, on the first one it would be the simple one and at the beginning a warning that you can burn the diode very easy and if you are worried about the you should do the advanced version.

On the beginner version he just shows the same ol maglite.

On the advanced he should show how to make a driver for it and how to put it in another flaslight that could hold the driver so it would live long.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
He shoulda done 2 seperate vidoes, on the first one it would be the simple one and at the beginning a warning that you can burn the diode very easy and if you are worried about the you should do the advanced version.

On the beginner version he just shows the same ol maglite.

On the advanced he should show how to make a driver for it and how to put it in another flaslight that could hold the driver so it would live long.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

If only I had the parts right now for my driver.... and had as large of a fanbase as kipkay.... :-[

In youre video you say "just by looking at the dot on the wall your eyes can be damadged" well um you wont hurt your eyes at all by just looking at the dot on a non specular surface, this wont happen until you get in the watt range.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
In youre video you say "just by looking at the dot on the wall your eyes can be damadged" well um you wont hurt your eyes at all by just looking at the dot on a non specular surface, this wont happen until you get in the watt range.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Yes, however, if you are looking at a white surface then the light refects in many angles and your eyes will start to hurt after a bit ;)

Switch

If kipkay's video was showing a more advanced laser being constructed, less people would take the time to actually do it, that's why he shows a simple version.He's all about simplicity ::) Of course it wouldn't've done any harm to tell his viewers some of the stuff in your video eighter.

And about the video, you have a few spelling errors, and some of the stuff you say isn't true, for instance my first DIY that I made right after seeing the kipkay video is still going strong for 3 months now.It is also possible to burn white paper and light red matches with a DVD laser, the surface doesn't have to be black.Besides you can pop balloons and cut tape from a nice distance with a 3mm diameter beam.You can also burn your skin :D

Adding the fact that your choice of music for this type of video isn't that great, it sounds like you're warning people of a disease ::).Let's just say that your video leaves some room for improovement. :cool:

Switch said:
If kipkay's video was showing a more advanced laser being constructed, less people would take the time to actually do it, that's why he shows a simple version.He's all about simplicity ::) Of course it wouldn't've done any harm to tell his viewers some of the stuff in your video eighter.

And about the video, you have a few spelling errors, and some of the stuff you say isn't true, for instance my first DIY that I made right after seeing the kipkay video is still going strong for 3 months now.It is also possible to burn white paper and light red matches with a DVD laser, the surface doesn't have to be black.Besides you can pop balloons and cut tape from a nice distance with a 3mm diameter beam.You can also burn your skin :D

Adding the fact that your choice of music for this type of video isn't that great, it sounds like you're warning people of a disease ::).Let's just say that your video leaves some room for improovement. :cool:

Yes I reveiwed my video a few times before posting it and caught a few spelling errors, then watch once uplaoded and see more.... that sucked....

I was basing the abilities to burn things off of the laser I made that I had installed in a minimag, it would now hurt my skin at all or have anything to do with burning white paper.

Kipkay

Do you like Kipkay. WTH is this? All because of a video I made? Seems like a lot of effort to call me a liar.

Oh and that video of yours will not make a dime because you used a copyrighted song in it. Ooops.

Also, if you saw the Instructable I did on this project you would have seen that I...

1. Do agree with using a regulator circuit
2. Explain that I used smoke to create the beam
3. Explain that the objects have to be black to burn and that I used a Sharpie on the match.

Thanks...

Kipkay

Oh and my Laser Flashlight is STILL working fine. I don't use the thing everyday! I don't use it as a laser pointer. It's a novelty item and a prop for a video. I don't plan on burning things with it or blinding people or using it on a regular basis. Maybe someday the diode will burn out...who knows...