Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new scanner :D :D :D

Nice, get some pictures of it in action!

Im not a fan of the circle holes in the front myself, I prefer the square ones but try painting it and would look better. Where did you get the enclosure? I may hunt one down for my next build.

FokoF

Nice work! My 300mw green is on its way from Andy. Can't wait! What DAC are you using?

Things

FokoP said:
Nice work! My 300mw green is on its way from Andy. Can't wait! What DAC are you using?

Nice! I am using Moncha ATM, but it's only being loaned to me, so really all I own is a sound card DAC. I'm looking into getting a FB3 tho ....

-Dan :)

FokoF

That FB3 is sooooo tempting with LivePRO... But im holding out for Pangolin Beyond software to be released and until i can afford it :D

Things --

Nice layout on your scanner. It's always great to see good workmanship on any build.

Mike

Things

Cyparagon: I bougght it from Jaycar.com a while back, though I went in there yesterday to pick up another one and apparently they are discontinued now. I think Andy used a similar enclosure for one of his scanners.

jamilm9: For the circular holes we (I went into the machine shop with my dad) we just used a hole saw, the square ones we used a nibbling tool, file and also a hacksaw blade. As you can see from the DB25 connectors, we decided to put the flange on the outsideof the case, and the holes looked a little dodgy, but we were in a rush, so you could get better results with a little more time.

Thanks Mike :)

-Dan ;)

Things

That foam would more than likely pull out, but i'd think it would just be thin alu. You could cut it with a nibbling tool and then smooth it off with a file :) Might be a bit flimsy for a milling machine.

FokoF

Laser cut!!! ;D you get perfect holes and you get to see a really high power laser! What could be better

Things

FokoP said:
Laser cut!!! ;D you get perfect holes and you get to see a really high power laser! What could be better

Or that, if you have the facilities and money to do it :p

i will try you suggestions when i have to cut it. Except the laser one. (don't have a cutter)