Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new mini-HeNe is alive!

I finally got around to hooking the new mini-632.8nm HeNe to the lab PS today and start her up for the first time since I picked it up this past week.

BZ2U0592.jpg

Thanks, hakzaw1 for helping me find this unit!

cheers,
clayton

Where did you get that PSU? Looks awesome! I've been looking into getting another He-Ne laser lately, and have a few leads, but that power supply is really something.

That's a really good photo there, just how thin is the beam on these things? Exotic low power DPSS thin or thinner still? Looks like a needle.

IsaacT

Divergence on small HeNe tubes depends largely on where it was obtained. Some are amazing divergence, some are intentionally bad as they were used with external optics that benefitted from a larger diameter beam.

Kap'n, that photo is one of the best HeNe photos I have ever seen. :worthy:

Epic hene beam. not something many people can capture. I really have to get me a hene... :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Super pic Kap! Nice to see some red beamage, don't see enough of it!
Any more pics coming our way? :)

Nice one! I love these little tubes. Great beamshot too! + rep

I just found a couple of what I'm sure is an IR HeNes. :)

Yeah. They're pretty uncommon now, they're usually good for testing fiber and telecom equipment. Think one is an 1152nm, the other is a 3.39um assuming they work...

Thanks all for the kind words on the photo. I simply haven't had time with out of town family in town for M-Day weekend to shoot anymore images or even continue my tinkering, but I appreciate the kudos. I was channeling the Bruce :)

Have a great week, y'all!

/c

NKO29

It's sooooo pretty! I really wanna invest in a gas laser now more than ever :beer: