Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New 8x Dorcy Jr !

Today is a day of days. I finally got all the parts put together and all assembly completed for my 8x blu ray diode into a Dorcy Jr host. I have to say I really like this one and actually while I was taking the few pictures my hand got in the way of the beam and I didn't notice until that distinct sharp sting started to burn my finger haha. Anyways, some specs :

Aixiz housing
Dark horse custom silver full body V2 HS
Flexdrive set to 295mA
405-G-1 lens

I actually ordered a DJR from another site and instead they sent me the new version and I wasn't paying attention to which handle it I was using until the very end when it didn't quite go in all the way but it's an easy fix which I will do later but just wanted to let you know so it wouldn't look too sloppy of a job haha. OK OK so without further ado here are some beamshots one with lights on the other with them off .

IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg

Let me know what you think ! :D

Last edited:

Very nice, and great beam shot aswell, looks like you filled the garage with smoke :D

LOL I know . There was a lot I turned the fog machine on and left it and came back and it was completely full so I let most of it out but there was still a decent amount haha it looks way better with smoke though XP

Asherz

veery nice build, I still have a new style waiting upon the heat-sinks to be made :)

So how long did it take to burn a hole thru your door in the pic. Seriously... scwheet build, keep them comming.:beer:

I still have a new style waiting upon the heat-sinks to be made
Ya you might want to contact them and make sure they sent it out. I waited 3 weeks for mine and after an Email found out they hadn't even sent it, but after it got to me within like 3 days.

So how long did it take to burn a hole thru your door in the pic.
HAHA not very long only a second or two :p this thing burns anything haha I was actually kind of disappointed with the beam though. In the night sky it's still pretty dim even though it's so powerful.. Curse these human eyes and their inability to see 405nm as well as the 532 ! hahaha

Nice job... we actually ordered the DJr's in a GB and recieved this version too... do you mine telling us your plan for the heatsinks?

You said it was an easy fix hopefully we can adapt your idea to our heatsinks... saving us all time and money so we dont need to make new hs for everyone!

Nice beam shots, great build! +1 rep -Adrian

Thanks guys :D

I'm actually workin on the new style right now I should be done in a bit ! Keep your eyes peeled !

Asherz

Btw I have had my new style dorcy sat in a draw for around 6 weeks :)

LOL then ye shal join me in this new age of Dorcy builds we are entering !

Sweet build ! it would be better if the pic's were a bit smaller, try tinypic.com to resize them. Good work my man :) +1