Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

My new 1.5 ehgemus 445!

00Giorge

After seeing the 1.5 ehgemus 445 that yobresal had for sale http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/1-5w-ehgemus-445nm-70797.html I couldn't resist, so I bought it. I figured for $250 it would cost me that just to build it. Yobresal was great to work with since I didn't have all of the money. I sent $100 and when I received my pay check I sent him the rest. He mailed it on Monday Feb 6th and it was in my mailbox on Wed the 8th, what a pleasant surprise. It was in a priority envelope and well packed in bubble wrap.

I was going to post this sooner but every time I started I got interrupted with a family problem that I am still trying to deal with.
Here are a few pics.

The dealings with yobresal and the quality of the laser are A+.

Edit: these pics were taken with my phone.

Thanks for looking!

Jeff

Last edited:

00Giorge

Thanks!
I took all of the pics with my phone, both my camera's were dead and needed recharged.
Here is one more I took it was kinda foggy and snowing a little. I will take some more later.

Last edited:

yobresal

I am glad that you are happy with your purchase. You got yourself a very nice laser there. Ehgemus hosts are the best around so you chose wisely. They really are beautiful.

00Giorge

Thanks to you yobresal, I came home from work with greasy pants (aviation hydraulic fluid) and turned it on and it was aiming at my pants and it started them on fire within about 5 sec. easy to put out but it startled me.
Yeah Ehgemus does a good job on his hosts, I want to build a 405 so I will be looking for a host, just haven't decided which one.

Last edited:

DarkSide

The man does have talent. That's one very cool looking host!

yobresal

That is a very hard to answer question. I'm not sure you will be able to fine an accurate answer to this. It's hard to even get a ball park figure. I can say at least 2 miles.

00Giorge

Without the G2 lens using the three element glass lens I can see the dot on the mountain side about 3/4 of a mile as well as the beam. (at night)
With the G2 the divergence sucks!

rpaloalto

Those ehgemus hosts are something else. I miss my old matching v,r,g set I had from him:(
The host you have is really nice because it has plenty of groves. The grooves do a good job of hiding the scratches that appear in the soft aluminum.