Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

My LOC Build!

Lotus_Darkrose

All I need is a RCR2 battery and a aixiz module with a diode and 1xcell driver inside. Let's hope I can buy it soon, lol.

Heatsink is from a mohrenberg coleman host I picked up over a year ago that the switch broke on. All I did was file/sand it down and had a flashlight pill part that screwed into the head to hold the heatsink in and make contact with the body.

Last edited:

Lotus_Darkrose

Re: Future LOC/LCC Build

I would like to thank Dave for hooking me up with an LOC in an Aixiz module, and Flaminpyro for selling me a 387mA flexdrive and shipping it super quick. Here is the finished laser, and I feel great having built my first one :D

Squeezed in the heatsink with arctic silver, and runs off of one rechargeable cr2.

Last edited:

lazeerer

Thats a cool looking Host.:D I think it goes perfect with a red laser.:gj:

Why 387mA.? Longer life.?

I must of Reped you earlier got to wait a little bit.;)

Lotus_Darkrose

Update: I am now using a different host for this, which also lets me use a 16340 instead of a CR2.

lazeerer

Woh. THats Small.:) Sweet. I like it. Nice Pick.:beer:

Last edited:

JBTexas

Aesthetically, I think I like the first one better - but that is just me. The second one is great too, more compact.

I'm looking forward to building my first one, whenever. I just did a Survival Laser kit, but that doesn't really count; it was a nice easy "introduction", though.

It must be a good feeling to look at, say, a tabletop full of lasers (or even just your first one) and say "I built that!"

Lotus_Darkrose

Well, aesthetically, the first one was too long for it's own good, using 1xCR2 battery lol. I have the Aixiz module set up to be easily swappable so it very well may find itself a third home in the future :p

lazeerer

Is the Heatsink Black.? It looks like it from the Side. Either way it would still look Cool.:)

Lotus_Darkrose

It's actually just a perfectly fitting rubber ring that is only as thick as the aixiz module sticks out.

lazeerer

That Looks Sweet. Did you buy that somewhere or you had it already. I think that would look awesome on my Cree C3 Black Host.:)

Have to spread some more love. Must of Rep'ed you earlier.:(

Lotus_Darkrose

I forget where it's even from, I had to cut it to that width as well. I have a lot of random parts and pieces of things lying around as I like to take stuff apart.

lazeerer

Oh OK. I'll go take a look at the Hardware store and see what i can find.:) Thanks