Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My little green HeNe mode hopper

I got this laser off feebay and wow she is fun. I remember this laser from 20+ years ago. I wanted so bad back then but, 600.00+ their was no way I could get it. I did get one of the hene kits back 88' and still have it today. This little greenie mode hops like crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5PPckPZjQw&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 223
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 226
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 242
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 256
  • g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Ooh what a beauty! I always wanted one of those all in one HeNe's, and a greenie at that! Modehopping like that can be pretty entertaining as long as you don't need the laser for any real application.

Ooh what a beauty! I always wanted one of those all in one HeNe's, and a greenie at that! Modehopping like that can be pretty entertaining as long as you don't need the laser for any real application.

The only application is fun:) I seen a few videos of mode hopping but to see it inperson is unreal. That video does not do it justice.

Those are nice enclosed units even if it's just for fun!

The mode hopping is pretty cool looking even if it's not a good thing:D

Last edited:
Gas lasers usually take a longer time to stabilize, don't they?
Did you see if it mode hops after 20+ mins of on time?

Gas lasers usually take a longer time to stabilize, don't they?
Did you see if it mode hops after 20+ mins of on time?

I ran it for 10-15 mins. I wll run it longer next time to see if it still mode hopps. And it's the bigger enclosed tubes that take longer to stabilize.:thinking:

Hiemal

I love watching lasers mode hop.

It almost seems organic the way it changes shape. Kind of like a microbe moving around or something.

My biggest green laser mode hops a bit when I first turn it on. It's a square mode laser; the edges kind of jiggle. xD