Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My latest and newest favorite build

I just finished putting this little guy together, although to be fair RHD beat me to it. :( But, mine is just a teensy bit more powerful! :)

Gotta love the little buggers that just look innocent as hell, but pack a real punch. Little old me, burn something? Nah :D

This is a great little host and very well manufactured. It was also really fun putting it together!

It was a REALLY tight fit, but I decided to go with a flexdrive and crank up the power a bit, instead of the stock driver or AK-007 type, and this little guy is cranking out over 600mW and barely gets warm.

Here's a few pics:

Ultrafire445nmPocketMini2.jpg
Ultrafire445nmPocketMini.jpg

445nmUltrafirePocketMini.png

I'm really surprised to hear you say that it doesn't get warm... I find a similarly sized 445nm putting out 350mW warms up at around 45 seconds.

Awesome little guy you got there, I love mini builds:beer:

Very nice....
I like the power of those small builds...:gj:

Jerry

Only one problem - possibly, the reason it doesn't get warm is because it's stainless steel, isn't it? Which is quite the poor conductor of heat :p Having a laser get warm is actually a good sign, because that means that the heatsink is doing its job and is dissipating the heat to the whole host, which can dissipate it to the air much easier.

I'm really surprised to hear you say that it doesn't get warm... I find a similarly sized 445nm putting out 350mW warms up at around 45 seconds.

Awesome little guy you got there, I love mini builds:beer:

To be fair it does start to warm up a bit at around 45-50 seconds, but so does every other build I've put together, regardless of the host and heatsinking. And, I never run mine for more than a minute anyway, usually more like just a few seconds at a time.

I love teeny tiny builds too. I've got a similar host coming, but without the ridges, that ones going to become a 100mW greeny I think. I believe a 10180 will be just about a perfect fit and ought to be able to supply enough current.

Guess I find out just as soon as dealextreme gets the damn thing in and ships it to me!

djayz

Howlieee Shhhhh... this thing is so sexy.. I want one, where can i get it..

djayz

Only one problem - possibly, the reason it doesn't get warm is because it's stainless steel, isn't it? Which is quite the poor conductor of heat :p Having a laser get warm is actually a good sign, because that means that the heatsink is doing its job and is dissipating the heat to the whole host, which can dissipate it to the air much easier.

Can i get one of these in pure copper?

djayz

Yeah sure mate.. i m waiting for some stuff aswell , as soon as i make my first red one, i will be totally making a 1+ W of blue, and i will surely get something like that made custom and in copper.. SWEET
i actually hate to wait but this shipping time just pisses me off.. and the delays.. God thats B*****t!