Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My lasers and beamshots

Hey guys. Just hit the 30 post mark today and I thought I'd make another generic topic showing off my lasers. Pictures are fairly high rez, so clickable thumbnails are provided.

All pictures were taken without any mist, smoke or fog unless otherwise noted. Beamshots are taken using exposure times of up to about a minute.

To start, this is my laser collection. Its still small, but its growing rapidly.

Reds:
My three DealExtreme 70mW lab style modules.

I have no pictures of my red keychain or pen pointers because.... well..... they're pretty boring.

Greens:

WickedLasers Fusion (metered at 70mW) (third picture has smoke in room)

WickedLasers Evo 5mW (now broken - cause unknown)

Blues:
The only blue I have is an Omnichrome 532 multiline argon-ion doing about 50mW on max current. It is easily my favorite. Just because.

These ones have me in them!

Some comparison shots:

Other cool pics (second and fourth pictures taken at school:

This is my attempt at making a smiley face...

My next project is to build a blu-ray pointer and then I plan to buy a HeNe. After that probably a green labby and more <5mW guys. After that depends on how much money I have. :cool:
I love lasers!

Nice looking collection you've got going so far. Good luck with your blu-ray laser, They are a lot of fun.

Ace82

Nice collection.  You are definatly a qualified member of LPF.  I too love lasers!  :)

Edit: 532 or 473nm?

Switch

Ace82 said:
Nice collection.  You are definatly a qualified member of LPF.  I too love lasers!  :)

Edit: 532 or 473nm?

488? :-/

Nice collection anyway, totally sweet. And may I add, what a cool school you have. :D

diachi

Great collection, Gotta love that ARGON ( It's mult-line isn't it ?, I get it now, so single line is just 488nm, whereas multi-line is more than one colour in one beam and it can be split ? )

But soooo many lasers can't wait to see more  ;)

Diachi

DiachiLaser said:
Great collection, Gotta love that ARGON ( It's mult-line isn't it ?, I get it now, so single line is just 488nm, whereas multi-line is more than one colour in one beam and it can be split ? )

But soooo many lasers can't wait to see more  ;)

Diachi

Well... in most cases a single line will be 488nm, but really it can be any of the multiple lines that argon puts out. It just depends on how the tube is set up.

"single line" or "blue line" denotes 488 while Violet line denotes 457 and green line denotes 514. The other lines aren't used alone because of their low power.

Thanks for the response guys!
Yes the argon is a multiline. I haven't ever had it on full power on all lines because it will trip the 15 amp breaker by itself, but at half power (about 6 amps down the tube) i get 4 lines... 514, 488 and two deeper blue ones. I don't have a diffraction grating so I just use a prism to separate them.

My favorite wavelength by far is the 488nm from the Argon.