Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my laser lost all power

What were you powering it with before you got your charger? You might have fried it by letting the batteries run too low. 1.1W takes a lot of power to run.

Last edited:

Jaxz

Hi, I have issues with my Spatan 1W too. It too died just about a month after getting from Dragon Lasers, with less than 1 hour of total operation. Back then I was a little edgy.

But after days, Dragon Lasers made contact and informed that my Spartan is behaving normally and burns well. He asked me to check, and try charging and discharging my batteries at least 4-5 times.

I am a little surprise, for it's my own fault of a litle ignorance. In fact my Tenergy's CR123A 3.0v 700mAH still display a gauge of full power on my Battery Meter, this purturb me why it hasn't have enough power to operate my 1W laser. But Dragon Lasers explains this is how batteries behave. They need to be charge and discharge a few times to reach its full potential.

I am waiting for my Laser to arrive back, and I am going to do exactly as what DL says, and use my nospin + Kenometer LPM to measure the power.

Probably gauging from my experience, you can try charging and discharging your batteries a few times first, no harm giving this a try.

Maybe you can try