Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my home built blu-ray laser is not working HELP!

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ I just built a blu-ray laser follow a youtube video from styropyro and once i got every thing done it was working all right up close at like 1 ft but when i shone it about 10ft away the dot is like 6 inches wide, i already tried screwing the lens all the way but it is the same, and if i screw it out it just gets bigger.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: my home built blu-ray laser is not working HEL

Two possibilities.. ;)

1) Your focus ring(the "grip ring" that screws onto your lens) is on too far.. you could try taking it off and see what happens. If you can achieve focus, just put some eopxy on the threads of the ring(NOT supergle as the vapors will ruin your lens), and thread it on just enough to hold.

2) Your diode is not pressed in the module all the way.. in this case you'll have to use a tool(such as a piece of an old radio antenna) that is less than 5.6mm wide, and will allow the pins/wires to fit inside, and press the diode in all the way until it is recessed in the module.... Remember if you desolder the diode/wires to do so carefully and be SURE to discharge the driver BEFORE reattaching the diode.

daguin

Glaserfan said:
Two possibilities.. ;)
1) Your focus ring(the "grip ring" that screws onto your lens) is on too far.. you could try taking it off and see what happens. If you can achieve focus, just put some eopxy on the threads of the ring(NOT supergle as the vapors will ruin your lens), and thread it on just enough to hold.
2) Your diode is not pressed in the module all the way.. in this case you'll have to use a tool(such as a piece of an old radio antenna) that is less than 5.6mm wide, and will allow the pins/wires to fit inside, and press the diode in all the way until it is recessed in the module.... Remember if you desolder the diode/wires to do so carefully and be SURE to discharge the driver BEFORE reattaching the diode.

I generally don't like "Yeah, what he said" type of posts. However, since this is your first time here, I want to assure you that Glaserfan just gave you the best suggestions possible.

If the diode was not pressed all the way into the module, you WILL have to remove the focus ring to get the lens to screw in far enough.

Peace,
dave

hey did you have to use a driver?

im trying to make my own blu-ray laser pointer, just gathering information do you have any suggestions for me since your ahead of me in your project?