Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My green laser has scratches on my lens

cb19

Hello guys I have a 5mW green laserglow Lyra. The other day I put it in my pocket upside down in my pocket and it got dust on the lens. So I read online to use a q tip. So I did and it scratched my lens really bad. So I contacted laserglow and they said that they do not do repairs on handheld lasers and that they do not have replacement parts for the Lyra series. I was really sad when I scratched my lens and I was stupid and mad for using a q tip and putting it in my pocket. Do u guys have any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks for any help. Thanks,
cb19

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 337

If the lens is actually scratched, there isn't much that can be done, except to replace it, or to ignore the damage.

You may want to try cleaning the lens again though... just to make sure you're not just seeing residue from the glue and cotton fibers. Use a lens cleaning kit if you can, or if not a lint free, microfiber towel would work, put a drop of isopropyl alcohol, gently rub the lens with the wet piece of the cloth, and after that with a dry piece.

Can't see anything on that small blurry pic...
I'd also try what was posted by IE..

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

cb19

I tried cleaning it with alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Nothing. I am not experienced enough with lasers to we're i could repair it myself. I have no idea what I am going to do. :(

That's a bummer dude. Someone here might be able to replace the lense... how has it affected the output?

cb19

On the picture of the lens there is a small cloudy spot that is the group of scratches. And my camera cannot really pick up the dot on the wall very good but around the dot there are a BUNCH of little dots around it and it is a very cloudy dot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 523
Unfortunately you're gonna have to either live with it, or write it off :(

Only other option I see is removing the lens altogether, but with that you risk making the laser even worse, and obviously it would no longer be focused at all.

I am sorry to hear that

Thanks for sharing this information though. Hopefully it will prevent others from making a similar mistake. I wasn't aware that a Q-tip could scratch a lens