Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First (successful) BR Build EVER!!!

So the past few days i was anxious to get my diodes from ndrew, and i got them today  ;D I had everything ready, just needed to press the diode into the module and solder it to the driver. Did all that, clicked the clicky, and  :eek: BRIGHT VIOLET LIGHT!  :cool:

img1853pu1.jpg

img1864rk3.jpg

img1859ps8.jpg

while taking pics, toby saw my new laser and wanted to play :D (but never again due to power)
IMG_1855.jpg

special thanks to ndrew, rkcstr, jayrob, andy_con, DX, and Aixiz for making this possible  ;D

diachi

Nice build, I bet your having fun with it ! congrats on a succesful first build.

Sure can't wait till I get my diode and driver .

Btw that room you took those pics in looks awesome, looks very funk/60s kinda thing :cool:

-Adam

very nice! i love that host and it provides SOOO much room for heat sinking and gives a good duty cycle.. how much power did you set your driver at?

Diachi said:
Nice build, I bet your having fun with it ! congrats on a succesful first build.

Sure can't wait till I get my diode and driver .

Btw that room you took those pics in looks awesome, looks very funk/60s kinda thing :cool:

-Adam
thanks ;D yea i like the checkered floor. It's my grandpa's room, but from 11am to 9:30pm i'm down here on the computer lol and i am indeed having lots of fun with my new laser ;D one thing i noticed though is the color is pretty strange. When i look at the dot it almost has this blurry, pulsating-like quality to it. Is this normal for everyone?

thesk8nmidget said:
very nice! i love that host and it provides SOOO much room for heat sinking and gives a good duty cycle.. how much power did you set your driver at?
exactly 123.9mA

nice build nick ;) good pics too :D i finished my sonar case today and set it at 126ma. ive also got 2 more running at 150ma and 180ma but theres no telling how long they'll last. ::)

ndrew2505 said:
nice build nick ;) good pics too :D i finished my sonar case today and set it at 126ma. ive also got 2 more running at 150ma and 180ma but theres no telling how long they'll last. ::)
;D i havent tested the other diode yet, was too excited lol :D i have another 125mA driver, but no host.

Ace82

Congratulations on your success! Thanks to Daguin, I now have been motivated to build a few of these using the exact same host. ;D

The blur of the 405 is absolutely normal, and because it is at the absolute edge of our visible color spectrum, our eyes don't particularly pick up the color very well. The "pulsating" is not normal though, unless you are moving the dot along a surface that “defuses” the light in different directions, or dark spots which absorb. Have you tried fluorescing it yet?

Ace82 said:
Congratulations on your success!  Thanks to Daguin, I now have been motivated to build a few of these using the exact same host.  ;D

The blur of the 405 is absolutely normal, and because it is at the absolute edge of our visible color spectrum, our eyes don't particularly pick up the color very well.  The "pulsating" is not normal though, unless you are moving the dot along a surface that “defuses” the light in different directions, or dark spots which absorb.  Have you tried fluorescing it yet?  
It doesn't literally pulsate, it just has that look, like blurry. I did find it that it turns blue on a lot of white stuff like paper and shirts and whatnot. Haven't found too many colored things that fluoresce though :-/

Ace82

HumanSymphony said:
Haven't found too many colored things that fluoresce though  :-/

That's all comes with the wonderful joy of playing with your new laser!

Highlighter
tennis ball
urine ;D

Nice looking for your first build !!!!! You also now have the pride of hands on laser build.
The bad side ---- You're addicted now :(

Mike

pulsating could just be laser spekel combined with the black light effect.

if the beam power is not pulsating your fine..

Hemlock Mike said:
Nice looking for your first build !!!!!  You also now have the pride of hands on laser build.  
The bad side ---- [highlight]You're addicted now[/highlight]  :(

Mike
you got that right! :D and indeed the satisfaction of a job well done is well worth it ;D

daguin

Often the spot will appear to pulsate because the surface being lased in uneven.  As the direction of most of the light reflecting changes so does the apparent brightness.  The beam on my closet door appears to pulsate.  The beam on my wall does not.

Congratulations on the build.  That host (usually in black) is the one i most often run my higher powered experiments in because of all the room to work.

Peace,
dave