Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first question

Hi everyone,
as you can see I am brand new to the forum and I am really looking forward to some good times here :) I registered for two reasons:

First of all it was just a matter of time before I would join a nice laser forum (probably the best one on the net) like this,

And second, I have a question:

In terms of overall balance between beam divergence, visibility, and power, which red laser pointer(s) would be the best one(s) to buy for a complete non-DIY guy like me?
Single mode and high power are not good friends in the red laser world, am I right?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care :)

-Christoffer

1st off please post in the welcome thread if you have not done already.
2nd if your looking for a high power red there are three laser choices that I would use .

a) SciFi Lasers. The owner is a Member of lpf and his reputation for quality products are there for a reason!

b) Laser glow have good pointers but be prepared to pay a little more for them.\

c) contract a member to build a custom one. this would be my choice if you do not want to go with SciFi lasers.

Some members will build you what you want for a slight mark up over the pice of the parts. The good thing about this is you will have a laser that meets all of your requirements with out sacrificing any of the points you want. Though make sure that if you go this route make sure that the member has a good reputation for building, and has been a member for more than a year IMO

Last edited: