Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First impression of O-Like Bluray

Just got my O-Like Bluray 200mw laser. My first impression, It's well built, a nice dot, been using it for 10-15 mins off and on and warms up, not hot, only warm, so maybe good heat sinking, burns like crazy, burns I thinka little better then my DX red dida 200mw red laser.

Some have said the focus is a bit lose, but have not found that at all. it's just slightly firm, but very smooth so can focus easily. This laser is a great burner and has no problems at all lighting matches 6 feet away.

I am looking forward to seeing what the beam and dot look like at night.

If there is one slight niggle, but hardly anything is the treads on the tailclip are only slightly a little sloppy when you screw it up, but it's really nothing as it screws in just fine.

It's a nice little burner and worth the buy and looks the same design as the Dida red v2.

I was going to get the S1 Sonar, but with all the crap going on with WL and rushed Arctics and crappy QC, I feel the Sonar may end up the same way, due o heaps of backorders, so cancelled my Sonar and got the O-Like instead.

So if you want a Bluray 200mw now get the O-Like. It's a great little laser so no need to wait for the Sonar, which may look a lot nicer, but doubt the QC will be good at, so the safer bet is the O-Like Bluray, and one big advantage over the Sonar, it's focusable, so making it a better burner.

Also used the Glasses I got from Dragon lasers, for my Spartan, and work even with the O-Like Bluray.

Last edited:

Hi.

Thanks for the review, but do you have any pictures?

I'm shopping around for a 405nm laser at the moment actually, and came across O-Like too.

Is this the laser you're on about? (see attachment)

Attachments

• o-like 200mw.jpg
    o-like 200mw.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 192
Hi.

Thanks for the review, but do you have any pictures?

I'm shopping around for a 405nm laser at the moment actually, and came across O-Like too.

Is this the laser you're on about? (see attachment)

Yes that's the one, Bluray 200watt. It's a great little burner, and a very fine dot indeed. The focus works well.

Ultrafire LC15266 3V 1000mAH Rechargeable Battery(2 Pack)

These are the batteries you need. I got 3 pairs coming (6), they don't seem to be standard CR123 rechargables.

Yes that's the one, Bluray 200watt. It's a great little burner, and a very fine dot indeed. The focus works well.

Ultrafire LC15266 3V 1000mAH Rechargeable Battery(2 Pack)

These are the batteries you need. I got 3 pairs coming (6), they don't seem to be standard CR123 rechargables.

No, they're CR2's which are a bit smaller/shorter than 123's.

I have the O-like "New Style" 200mw Red 660nm and 200mw Blu-Ray 405nm's and both have the focus heads a bit loose, with some wobble. You may not notice it at first, because they come with a very thick sticky grease on the threads, and this makes it feel more solid.

If yours is loose though, a few turns from a $.50 roll of teflon plumber's tape on the threads will fix it perfectly. If you get one with a lose head Susie from O-Like will certainly set up a return, but it's literally a 10 second fix with the tape, and IMO easier.

No, they're CR2's which are a bit smaller/shorter than 123's.

I have the O-like "New Style" 200mw Red 660nm and 200mw Blu-Ray 405nm's and both have the focus heads a bit loose, with some wobble. You may not notice it at first, because they come with a very thick sticky grease on the threads, and this makes it feel more solid.

If yours is loose though, a few turns from a $.50 roll of teflon plumber's tape on the threads will fix it perfectly. If you get one with a lose head Susie from O-Like will certainly set up a return, but it's literally a 10 second fix with the tape, and IMO easier.

You are right, the head is slightly wobbly, seems when the grease wears in a bit, you start getting a slightly wobbly head. I guess another solution is a small o-ring tape, etc, not on the tread, but just at the end of the thread to take up the slack.

It is not really a big deal as it does not effect the lasers preformance. Guess they use the grease as a cheap fix, but does not last long, and o-ring, or small rubber band at the end of the thread would have been better than the thick grease.

But thanks for the plummers tape tip, and assume you have to get rid of that grease to allow the tape to stick to the treads.

DrSid

I have similar host in red .. and there is rubber O-ring under the focus head .. and it focuses really smooth. So this one has none ?

You are right, the head is slightly wobbly, seems when the grease wears in a bit, you start getting a slightly wobbly head. I guess another solution is a small o-ring tape, etc, not on the tread, but just at the end of the thread to take up the slack.

It is not really a big deal as it does not effect the lasers preformance. Guess they use the grease as a cheap fix, but does not last long, and o-ring, or small rubber band at the end of the thread would have been better than the thick grease.

But thanks for the plummers tape tip, and assume you have to get rid of that grease to allow the tape to stick to the treads.

I just put the teflon tape right over the grease. I don't think it matters much. The grease is so sticky even the teflon sticks to it. It at least holds it there for the first wrapping. Putting teflon tape on completely clean threads can be frustrating because it just slides around on you.