Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first homemade laser :D

Matrix

This is only 100mw green 532nm. It's my very first build. It's definately not no 1w laser of course, but just thought i would show you guys.

Im no pro at brightining pictures so il show you the best i took.

DSC00253_zps0a7eba47.jpg

DSC00252_zps2bce64c3.jpg

One of the pictures i had a brightning fail and most of the picture turned out black but you can still see the beam.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkhlHg27C8s

How i made and the parts:
Radioshack:
3x2x1 project enclosure
double AA battery pack
On/Off and slightly hold to turn on Button

Ebay:
100mW Green Laser diode with 10% Tolerance

It was an old diode, so i turned the pot till it was at brightest.

Since i couldnt afford a new charger for my drill right now, i used my sautering iron to melt holes in this. Sand paper was also used from home depot.

And the insides are not much its just the laser driver taped down and 2 positive wires attached to the button. The two negative wires are attached and stuffed under the diode.

-Matrix

Last edited:

Matrix

haha thanks, didnt notice i put that. its 532nm xD il fix that

Last edited:
Nice first build...
You should show us the insides of the Laser
and some specs like what powers it... how
much current it draws...where you got the
parts just to give you an idea..

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Matrix

I use 2 double AA's to power it. It was an old diode, so i turned the pot till it was at brightest.

Radioshack:
3x2x1 project enclosure
double AA battery pack
On/Off and slightly hold to turn on Button

Ebay:
100mW Green Laser diode with 10% Tolerance

Since i couldnt afford a new charger for my drill right now, i used my sautering iron to melt holes in this. Sand paper was also used from home depot.

And the insides are not much its just the laser driver taped down and 2 positive wires attached to the button. The two negative wires are under the diode.
-Matrix

Whenever I see a laser in a project box like this it just reminds me of some James Bond gadget to cut through doors! :cool:

Nice build, I was going to do something like this but I decided to go all in and go with a M140 and 2 LPC-826 diodes with Mohgasm linear divers and various hosts. But 100mw of 532nm Damn your lucky, I still don't have a green laser, I think You have inspired me to get one :beer:

Billy

Matrix

They are very worth it, the beams are amazing. This is also focusable i got it to light a match but it took a couple seconds.