Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first homemade laser, 405nm

This is my first fully homemade laser, second build ever.
201304172020441.jpg

Its a m140 with a g2 lens driven at 1.4 amps. Turned from 1.25 inch 6061 bar.

Last edited:

great job!! i would total use that host. nothing to fancy but functional!!

Rep for you!!

ARG

Nice job! I like those fins :)

How long did this take you to lathe?

Gun

Nice job! Would be good to see some beam shots or something.

Also, be sure to introduce yourself in the Welcome forum!

IsaacT

From the screws in the body, I take it the pieces are put together by screws instead of threads? Interesting.

I haven't threaded on a lathe before and I remember overhearing the guys at my work talking about how it was a nightmare on their lathe. It turns out the meant for production parts, not one offs like this. Next time :p

It took a few hours to lathe. I made it over two days. It was largely a learning process for me.

Last edited:
I like it!!! Even the screws. I say, since you have it screwed together maybes you can try to put external battery charging on it. I'm sure there are no shortage of guys around here to help you!!!!!

Michael

Sorry for the long lag, I had some things I had to prepare for. AKA AP tests, I kept trying to study, but instead procrastinating.

I'm uploading a video right now. I don't have any beam shots because the only camera I have is my cellphone but the video should be uploaded by the morning.

I could add external charging, but I think I will save that for a later light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWB30Ei_Vgo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Thats an awesome second build, wish i could use a lathe like that, by the way you mentioned that it was an m140 diode, that means its 445nm, you stated that it was 405nm which is not the same.

Great build +1

Last edited:
Hey guys, I lost my laser around 3 months ago, I was wondering if anyone may have seen a laser that looked like this one?