Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first Greenie :)

KiLLrB

Ok so i am finally gonna get one. After alot of research i have decided on the 150 mW pointer from optotronics Optotronics Product Details
and i cant wait to order it on friday :) Thanks for all the help so far and hopefully help in the future as i am starting to develop an obsession with lasers :D ( i see this becoming a very expensive habit).

P.S. If you guys have any other suggestions before i purchase this laser please feel free let me know!

Thanks,
Bryan

Umm, I dunno if this has been pointed out but another member here already uses this avatar. I was kinda confused: WTF this dude is getting a greeine, NOW?!

Then I figured you are not that dude.

Anyway, AFAIK you cannot go wrong with Optotronics, they are among the best laser sellers around here, top notch quality.

Enjoy your laser, but remember, first be safe! Then have fun!

KiLLrB

awwww someone already has this avatar. will change it soon :)

KiLLrB

Hmmm well i am glad some ppl think lasers are interesting... I told my wife about the laser i am getting and she was like "WTH do you need a laser for Especially one that burns things?!?!" i didnt have a good response except for ummm because its cool lol. Anyway i cant wait to get this thing see just how bright it actually is.

roosl

Hmmm well i am glad some ppl think lasers are interesting... I told my wife about the laser i am getting and she was like "WTH do you need a laser for Especially one that burns things?!?!" i didnt have a good response except for ummm because its cool lol. Anyway i cant wait to get this thing see just how bright it actually is.
Hopefully she'll think it's cool once she sees it. Or, you can always answer our fav, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand!"
:D

I still go through it with Dorothy, She thinks I wasted my money.

But when I go outside on a foggy night, she's right there with me.

rockz

Isn't Optotronics lasers just the generic pen hosts outfitted with kick-ass modules?

@rockz,
You need to do a lot more reading on this forum, try 'Companies' section ;)

Opto is most respecfull here, along with Dragonlasers, Novalasers and Laserglow = a lot of monen and even more quality!

Cannot go wrong there!

rockz

Ok, thanks, I thought I read a post saying that, and by seeing that they look like generic hosts, I assumed it was true.

Their hosts are anything but GENERIC!
Seen Silver RPL-III ?!

No laser like it, and I find them from the pictures to be most beautiful IMHO.

rpl-425-portable-green-laser-3.jpg

rpl-425-portable-green-laser-2.jpg

KiLLrB

@rockz,

Opto is most respecfull here, along with Dragonlasers, Novalasers and Laserglow = a lot of monen and even more quality!

Cannot go wrong there!

+1

Just now placed an order for my first "real" (150 mW) laser from Opto! I have got to say their customer service is UNREAL :D If i ever buy another laser if i can help it, it will definately be with them!

+1

Just now placed an order for my first "real" (150 mW) laser from Opto! I have got to say their customer service is UNREAL :D If i ever buy another laser if i can help it, it will definately be with them!
Well I sure hope you have everything going through smoothly, no customs troubles and thing.

And afcourse, have FUN with your laser, and make sure you post some pictures and video (wrapped up in review :p ) here!

@rockz,

Cannot go wrong there!

You could probably go wrong with DL sometimes, based on what I've seen of some of the products. Though they do have excellent customer service. I think Optotronics is probably the best laser out there, especially with the divergence, so good choice!

Actually if you wanted more quality then opto in the pen department i would say go novalasers as i got a 2nd hand x125 and with rechargeable it kicks up about 136mw constant : ) occasionally 142 on a cold day

KiLLrB

Actually if you wanted more quality then opto in the pen department i would say go novalasers as i got a 2nd hand x125 and with rechargeable it kicks up about 136mw constant : ) occasionally 142 on a cold day

Well from what ive researched and heard from most ppl is that opto has the best $ to mW ratio without sacraficing quality. i looked at novalasers and they are wanting $200 more for less wattage than the one i have already purchased not only that i have a warranty and after talking to Jack from opto the few times i have I can definately say the man has earned my business now and for future purchases (I have never had customer service as promt and happy to do what it takes to make me happy).

Buuut we will see. I plan on doing a full review with pics and vids as soon as i have the pointer in my hands :D