Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first diy red burner

I bought a 3 pack of 100mw cw supposedly 250mw pulsed diodes from zetbiz in korea. they are purportedly sony sld1236vl diodes from a pack for 16x dvd burners. they are very bright. I have so far been unable to burn with them though. I have 2 axis modules. I mounted one in a module and focused the dot as small as I can get it but no burn. this setup is running off 2 AA batteries with minimal regulation. I am building a regulator for a flashlight from the Daedal sticky. I am new to this so this is my first attempt at a burner any help would be appreciated.

chido

Can you post any pics of what the dot looks like, maybe you got scammed and the LDs are dead. Also, you say minimal regulation, what do you have, a resistor, a capacitor, both, or nothing??

JECS

you should have no problem burning anything dark in color. i only ordered the 8x diodes from him and mine will make black materials smoke instantly and pop ballons the second i get the dot focused properly. it could even just be your batteries

I made the current regulator circuit and my laser diode pops balloons but doesn't light matches. what I need is a better colimator optic because it is a rather large dot even focussed to it's tightest spot. It doesn't burn bags (again I think this a focus issue). Also I see that it's power rapidly falls off using double A batteries (alkaline). I intend to get some NimH batteries but have to wait till the first of next month.

Benm

With proper drivers and optics, all of these should light matches.. i even managed to do that with a DX30 and a magnifying glass - its all about getting the spot small enough.