Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First Blu-Ray...Thanks LPF

Much appreciation to you all. Especially those that let the smoke out and share the info. I know where to run these things so they last because of you :).
And now that I've been here long enough......

PHR.jpg

A PHR running on 8 AA niCad at 106mA.
This host built about ten years ago. It's been a 635nm 7mW. And a "high power" 30mW 670nm. Now it's a 80mW 405nm. With the addition of a key switch and double the batteries. And some resistors for the LM317. It started life as a 660nm 5mW running on two flashlight batteries. But now it lights matches and slices off electrical tape in just a few seconds. I've had the PHR in it for about two months now.

--John

This is one pretty laser unit! I love it!

A design this nice deserves a high-power diode!

Buy an SF-AW210 (around $60)! If the Jayrob is correct, it should be able to pump out 500mW with a 401G-1-A (I think thats the name) modified Aixiz lens. He is still testing this though. It has already measure >300mW!

-Jakob

Thanks Jakob :) But I already have a higher power running in a nicer design. A 6x that I will show as soon as this thread fades away. As far as the SF-AW210, I GOTTA HAVE ONE !!! Maybe a half watt with coated glass like Dave. WOW. I know that "spammerparts" may have them soon. Where I got the 6x. But I think Senkat will get them, so I will wait. Maybe Igors glass will come thru in the mean time.
And though this PHR looks like it has Meredith optics, its just a Meredith block with unknown acrylic that I had laying around. It is focusable when assembled.

EDIT- OK, I just checked the SF-AW210 thread. May have to rethink when and where I get one.

--John

Very nice laser, very clean looking and the adjustable beam is a nice touch.

wolfblue said:
Thanks Jakob  :)  But I already have a higher power running in a nicer design. A 6x that I will show as soon as this thread fades away. As far as the SF-AW210, I GOTTA HAVE ONE !!!  Maybe a half watt with coated glass like Dave.  WOW. I know that "spammerparts" may have them soon. Where I got the 6x. But I think Senkat will get them, so I will wait.  Maybe Igors glass will come thru in the mean time.
And though this PHR looks like it has Meredith optics, its just a Meredith block with unknown acrylic that I had laying around.  It is focusable when assembled.

EDIT- OK, I just checked the SF-AW210 thread.  May have to rethink when and where I get one.

--John

I just got two of them from spammerparts. It is a shame that they aren't as strong as was first believed. I'm going to scout around from a broken 8x burner now or at least one marked off. And show us that 6x! I'm eager to see!!!

-Jakob

Nice host, unique looks ;)

A PHR running on 8 AA

8 AAs? Why not use some 18650 batteries?
(Is it because the host is already built like that and you don't feel like changing it?)

Niko said:
Nice host, unique looks ;)

Thanks

Niko said:
Why not use some 18650 batteries?

Because I have other projects that need the money. These batteries were only $7 with a charger on the clearance rack at the superstore. And funny that YOU should ask. These are NIKKO batteries for a R/C car :)

--John