Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My experience with TechLasers:

Hey all- I just thought I'd write about my personal experience with TL...

I ordered a TL Infiniti 75 nearly 2 months ago, after hearing about their discount for the first 25 people to order from them... I was #5. It got here in fairly good condition, even though the package looked like the UPS guys personally took the time to kick it here from wherever it came from. The packaging was crappy. No foam peanuts or anything... Just the foam-filled little cardboard box with the laser in it, and the standard WL Sport Elite goggles case. NO packaging at all for them... Just the black carrying case.
Meh.
When I first put the batteries in it, I could tell that it was well over the advertised power rating of 75mWs. I don't have a power meter, but judging from past experience, I could tell that it was probably around 100 mWs. With lithiums, I have no doubts that it could reach ~120 mWs. That made me ecstatic! Then I tested the divergence... It's HORRIBLE. Even for a CNI. At 6.5 yards, the beam's the size of a penny. I haven't actually measured the divergence yet, and I don't think I want to. :D
THEN, about a month later, I noticed that it was mode-hopping. TEM00 to TEM01 and TEM02, and a few others that I didn't recognize... So I promptly emailed Tech Support. Twice. To this day, I still haven't gotten a response. In short, it was a really bad experience with the company. Crappy laser, bad packaging, and the worst Tech Support I've ever dealt with. I still have fun with the laser (It's PERFECT for astounding people by toasting anything dark, showing them the beam, etc...) But it isn't a good laser by any means. I'd suggest buying from a REPUTABLE company such as Optotronics or LaserGlow, and not risk getting a bad laser.
Like they say, "You get what you pay for" :)
I know this is just an example of ONE of their products, but I've heard similar things from other people who've ordered from these guys... WL and all their branches are going down the tube. Except these guys. They weren't ever up far enough to go down in the first place ;D

Gazoo

Sorry to hear about that but it's good of you to share. I suppose you know Nova is a great company too... :p

Yup. They're great too... I guess DL in a few cases... SenKat seems very happy with a few of their products, anyway. I haven't had the chance to review one yet... *Goes and requests a unit for review* :D

Laq

Sorry to hear about your laser experience with Techlasers. it sucks when you get a malfunctioning unit , and support isn't there for you.

About DL, i can share with you that i have purchased 2 units from them a 55mW and a 125mW unit, and you can see the LPM-1 measurement results in my sig. I'm very happy with them !! :D

Although others have been sent units that are below the average they state, and reviews i read. the customer service of DL at least will respond and replace the unit for a good one (from what i heard an read from others) so their CNI-s are as good as Nova's if you ask me. Except for the price. they somehow raised their prices above other company's on CNI green lasers lately....

Anyway , Nova or DL are company's you can expect to get full service upon your purchase and aftersales services as well if needed.

There is a picture for every occasion isnt there Timelord :D
Hehe.

Well i had a problem where they keys on my crossfire wouldnt stay in (the notch wasnt big enough), so they send a new set... and they work fine.
Ive had all good stuff from techlasers, its a shame that we all dont get the same service hey.
Maybe ive just come off lucky :p

Yeah... ;) I still won't buy from them again... I've had 2 bad products from WL already.
Oh and has anybody bought an Alpha/EnVee? I'm considering one for my next greenie, and I'd like to see a review... :D

yew.sir-name said:
[quote author=spyrorocks link=1194295034/0#3 date=1194301316]How unfortunate. Im enjoying my infiniti 95mw with no real issues.

No real issues?[/quote]

Besides the facts that it loves batteries, and for about 3 days it had a little halo around that dot that went away eventually, and that the front gold cap comes loose every now and then, all is good.

I've ordered an infiniti 125 from techlasers, and although I recieved a good, working unit with no mode issues, I don't like how they never replied to any of my emails.

They sent me the wrong tracking info, shipped the package out 5 days after I ordered it, and never responded when I asked them about the status of my shipment.

Imagine if I had gotten a bad laser. Support is very important when it comes to these lasers, so I don't think I'll be purchasing another laser from techlasers.

I agree... Support is extremely important. Apparently, their philosophy about this kind of problem is "If we ignore it, maybe it'll go away!" :mad:

That really sucks about getting a bad laser, but if you want to try, I hear that if you take off the aperture cap, you can turn the plate holding the lens to try to get somewhat better divergence. I'm not sure about that though.

divdiv

x101xtreme said:
I've ordered an infiniti 125 from techlasers, and although I recieved a good, working unit with no mode issues, I don't like how they never replied to any of my emails.

They sent me the wrong tracking info, shipped the package out 5 days after I ordered it, and never responded when I asked them about the status of my shipment.

Imagine if I had gotten a bad laser. Support is very important when it comes to these lasers, so I don't think I'll be purchasing another laser from techlasers.

5 days? hah. Big deal. They took 10 days to tell me that what I had ordered wasn't in stock. Offered to sell me something that was in stock that they could ship right away, and THEN they took five days to ship mine. I'll have mine shipped back to them in a fraction of the time they took to ship the unit to me.