Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DX 30, Over powered?

I ordered two DX30s about two months ago, and they came in last month. One I ordered for one of my friends (he paid).

My DX30, will pop marked balloons without a lense easily, and cut through thin black plastic sheet, black trash bags, and poke pin holes through electrical tape. I accidentally put it back in the case upside down for a bit before i realized it, and it had made a tiny mark at the end of the felt. That just seems a bit over powered to me, wish I had a power meter.

My friend though, he said that his laser popped 3 balloons one after another in a row. He said the first two balloons were clear balloons, WITH NO BLACK MARKER. I'll have to ask him again to make sure thats what they were, but if thats true then o_O

Can't really tell TBH. Nothing you've mentioned really indicates an overpower unit, but it doesn't not indicate one either! Perhaps you should try getting it tested by a reputable meter/technician