Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DIY burner! Now with video!! :)

Re: A nice beam pic...

dude I fit 4 AAA batteries in a module thing in that same radioshack enclosure (its the really small one right?) and I Also fit a DDL circuit with the massive radioshack 25ohm pots, and a SenKat diode in aixiz module... I dont see why u have the batts on the outside. also, u didnt drive it did you? if u did u obviously didnt use DDL circuit, that circuit needs 6 volts...

Nice pic, were u using any fog or anything? What diode is that? Nice pic tho. Does it burn well? cmon im hungry 4 pics!!! MORE MORE MORE!!

regards,

amk

Just a cap and a resistor....
I'm going to go get more pics...
That last one was with spray-bottle-water in the air.
Also, give me a pic! I NEED to see yours!
And, the bats were on the outside because I didnt want to open it evrey time I wanted to replae them. :D

laz_night_001.jpg

laz_night_002.jpg

laz_night_004.jpg

laz_night_005.jpg

laz_night_007.jpg

laz_night_008.jpg

laz_night_009.jpg

laznight010.jpg

laz0021.jpg

laz0022.jpg

laz0023.jpg

laz0024.jpg

laz0025.jpg

This one (below) is before I screwed up diode. I got a new aixiz module and SenKat diode, and there isnt a bad superglue job or mess anymore, nicely put epoxy is there, looks like module is part of case... hehehe
laz0026.jpg

laz0027.jpg

Oh! Oh! Oh! I just meled electrical tape. ;D
Pics tomrow!
This thing is so cool.
:)

Things

wow nice!! I would expect that thing to NOT light electrical tape! Great pics, and the ones in the fog are stunning!!

things said:
wow nice!! I would expect that thing to NOT light electrical tape! Great pics, and the ones in the fog are stunning!!

thanks, and SenKats 250mW lasers do more than just melt electrical tape, they cut throught them in seconds! well, at least mine does...

Attachments

• My_LASER2_004.jpg
    My_LASER2_004.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 185

Gazoo

Glad to see you all having so much fun... ;D

Dude_With_Lasers......time to build a driver using the LM317.... :D

Use Daedal's circuit and a 5 ohm resistor and you will be supplying 250ma's to the diode. You will need a 6 cell battery holder for the regulator to work properly. Using 4 batteries will not cut it because the voltage will sag quickly and the regulator will begin to drop out. Running the diode with 250ma's should still give you a long lasting experience.. ;)

Thanks.....
Right now, i'm suer pis*ed.
My mom decided it was "dangrous"...
So, natrualy, she took at away. :( :mad:
By now, its probably in pieces. :'(

Dude_With_Lasers said:
Thanks.....

WHAT DO YA MEAN DANGEROUS?? what did you do with it? man... my dad almost did the same thing.. sigh*

nice pic tho... very cool.

@gazoo
im running LM317T circuit on 4 AAA NiMH rechargables (duracel) just fine... I donno.

regards,
amk

Gazoo

I didn't say it would not work with less than 6 volts but the regulator is dropping out. As your batteries discharge the current will drop too. Therefore you are not supplying a constant current to the diode. For best results you would be much better off running it with 6 nimh batteries.

Dude_With_Lasers,
Sorry your mom took it away from you. Try explaining to her you can be responsible with it and agree to get safety goggles if you haven't. These DIY's can be very dangerous to the eyes if not handled properly.

Dude_With_Lasers said:
Thanks.....

Hire a hitman. I have a few assassin monkey mercenaries if you're interested.

Cyparagon said:
[quote author=Dude_With_Lasers link=1196211640/0#9 date=1196313814]Thanks.....

Hire a hitman. I have a few assassin monkey mercenaries if you're interested. [/quote]

i donno, he may be different, but in a situation like this I would not have appriciated a joke. No offense cypar, just saying...

DUDE WITH LASERS:

DO NOT LOSE HOPE

folow what gazoo said, and tell us EXACTLY what happened, why she took it away. I have been there be4, my dad works with multiwatt class 4 lasers at the hospital, and he GOT REALLY ANGRY when I had this laser on me all the time, specially when I accidentally turned it on when the whole family was watching a movie (lol yes i feel retarded now). He threatened to break it if I wasnt responsible. just tell us, well help u fix it

amkdeath said:
[quote author=Cyparagon link=1196211640/0#12 date=1196348441][quote author=Dude_With_Lasers link=1196211640/0#9 date=1196313814]Thanks.....

Hire a hitman. I have a few assassin monkey mercenaries if you're interested. [/quote]

i donno, he may be different, but in a situation like this I would not have appriciated a joke. No offense cypar, just saying...

DUDE WITH LASERS:

DO NOT LOSE HOPE

folow what gazoo said, and tell us EXACTLY what happened, why she took it away. I have been there be4, my dad works with multiwatt class 4 lasers at the hospital, and he GOT REALLY ANGRY when I had this laser on me all the time, specially when I accidentally turned it on when the whole family was watching a movie (lol yes i feel retarded now). He threatened to break it if I wasnt responsible. just tell us, well help u fix it[/quote]
Yep... My moms a docter too....
All that hapend was she saw me melting electric tape... From about 8 feet away. :D It was SOOOOO cool.
I asked specificly why,  and she said she had a gut feeling it was bad.....
She said she would give it back after the feeling goes away, but untill then, heres a short vid that I took before She took it away.

Attachments

• LaserBaloonBOOM.wmv
    880.5 KB · Views: 38

Gazoo said:
Dude_With_Lasers......time to build a driver using the LM317.... :D
I have tryed..Twice. :(
Niether work.....
How lonk will a cap and resistor set make the diode last?