Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Blu-Ray Build

After weeks of waiting for my host to come here off the boat from china..... IT LIVES!!!  ;D

Phr throwing >110mW.
Running at 125mA with a Flex Drive.

I have been wanting to build a blu-ray for so long, made my own heat sink, and knowledge gained from studying the forums  ;)

I'll post some more pics in a bit, kinda bad quality, taken with my razr.

0314092135a.jpg

Thanks for the comments  ;)

The host uses 2 Cr123's, but flex drive only can support up to 5v so i had to make a spacer for the extra space.... Long story short DX didn't send my 18650's like i orderd.... Ill have to contact them on that.

Oh and the host is a ultrafire BJ-08B.

Really nice host to work with, nice a durable.

How did you build the heatsink? Details on that would be nice; everything else is well covered around here.

EDIT: the FlexDrive does support 2xCR123A, you just have to add a diode to drop the input voltage a bit. The manual describes this.

It houses 2 CR123's but I am using an 18650 for 3.7v as the flex drive supports 2.5v-5.5v. Sorry for the mishap. I made the heat sink out of an old
Gear from a robotics set that my teacher had and i borrowed a lathe from my neighbor and tapped it out with a 15/32 bit.

Great host and works great, recommend it highly ;)

Later,
XCreedX

Asherz

Hey,

I was wandering if you could give me a few more details on the heatsink,

When you drilled out the gear with the 15/32" drill how much space was there between the edges and the axis module? and what did you use to drill the little holes for screws to secure the heatsink in place?

Thanks in advance.

Switch

Asherz said:
Hey,

I was wandering if you could give me a few more details on the heatsink,

When you drilled out the gear with the 15/32" drill how much space was there between the edges and the axis module? and what did you use to drill the little holes for screws to secure the heatsink in place?

Thanks in advance.

Well if he tapped it with a 15/32 bit I would guess that the head of the aixiz screws in the hearsink directly and doesn't use set screws. :-/

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

Wow, that's slick!  :eek:  Whe nI made my blu-ray I had to use a project box. :'(

On the heat sink,

I used a 15/32 bit and tapped a set screw in as well. I had to trim the set screw down a little, as it was a little long. The OD is about .800 fits really snug and runs perfect, After work I'll post some more pics of the setup.

Later, ;)
XCreedX