Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 493nm 'Jetlasers Ti-B' Build

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Bow!

Fantastic build! That color works really well with that host!!

Will send you via P.M. my address, birthday soon :whistle:

Good job man!

Thanks Albert, I haven't found a wavelength yet that doesn't go with titanium. :D
I'll be waiting for your PM, my birthday card to you will be in the mail soon! ;) :crackup:

@grainde - Thanks buddy, and I agree, this 493nm is stunning, I haven't seen anything much nicer except maybe 589nm and 593nm yellows! :beer:

Wow, Jeff. You did a spectacular job building in this unique host. The color is absolutely beautiful. I can attest to that, having seen many of these diodes. I can't rep you again just yet, but it is coming. Thanks for this dazzling review of your 493nm build. :yh:

E: BTW, if you can put an acrylic lens in the housing you will get more power and no artifact.

Last edited:

Encap

Awesome TiB collection laser.

You are lucky to have so many those rare and beautiful masterpiece TiB hosts,
The precision machining that went into them was beyond exceptional--really mechanical artworks in Ti.
They are one of the best/nicest and most costly to do items JetLasers ever made.
They were lucky if they broke even on them --they had to stop offering them due to high cost/no money to be made.

Really nice work--great/beautiful photos.

Last edited:

BobMc

I do have to say those are some really nice looking hosts. Your rainbow collection is something special. Well done, very well done Bowtie. Great looking pics also. :drool:

Tried to rep you, but got that communist message again. :crackup:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, Jeff. You did a spectacular job building in this unique host. The color is absolutely beautiful. I can attest to that, having seen many of these diodes. I can't rep you again just yet, but it is coming. Thanks for this dazzling review of your 493nm build. :yh:

E: BTW, if you can put an acrylic lens in the housing you will get more power and no artifact.

Hey Paul, thank you, I couldn't have built it without the 493 diode that I received from you! :beer:
I thought of trying an acrylic lens, but wasn't sure of how it came out of it plastic threaded housing; it seems to be glued together. :thinking:

Awesome TiB collection laser.

You are lucky to have so many those rare and beautiful masterpiece TiB hosts,
The precision machining that went into them was beyond exceptional--really mechanical artworks in Ti.
They are one of the best/nicest and most costly to do items JetLasers ever made.
They were lucky if they broke even on them --they had to stop offering them due to high cost/no money to be made.

Really nice work--great/beautiful photos.

Thanks Encap, you are correct, the Ti series of laser hosts were the best quality that I've seen in any host.
The funny thing is, when they were for sale, they were very reasonably priced.
I agree that J/L would've been lucky to break even on these hosts, and that was likely why they were discontinued. :mad:

@RedCowboy - Thanks so much for your comments! :yh:

@BobMc - Glad you liked the rainbow, I'll have to get the 405nm powered up and in the mix as soon as my new 16650 batts show up.

Those damn commies are at it again! :crackup:

Edit: These prices will make you cry. copied from a J/L buy in 2013. :cryyy:

Ti B Lasers
Webpage: Ti B Green Lasers - Jetlasers.org, Online Shop for Jetlasers Products.
1. Ti B 532nm 162mW: $113.00 - TAKEN
Model No.:2013090309TiB532100
2. Ti B 532nm 164nm: $112.00
Model No.:2013090310TiB532100
3.Ti B 532nm 147mW: $105.00
Model No.:2013090312TiB532100
4.Ti B 532nm 140mW: $105.00
Model No.:2013090305TiB532100
5.Ti B 532nm 133mW: $101.00
Model No.:2013090306TiB532100
6.Ti B 532nm 135mW: $101.00
Model No.:2013090307TiB532100
7. Ti B 532nm 162mW: $110.00
Model No.:2013090308TiB532100
8. Ti B 532nm 102mW: $85.00 - TAKEN
Model No.:2013090311TiB532100
9. Ti B 532nm 118mW: $95.00
Model No.:2013090302TiB532100
10. Ti B 532nm 165mW: $110.00 -TAKEN
Model No.:2013090301TiB532100
11.Ti B 532nm 171mW: $115.00
Model No.:2013090614TiB532100 - TAKEN

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Bob, your getting better, at least this time it wasn't about lasing the neighbors cat! :D

You're still grounded though. :yh:

i dont think ive ever seen a laser in a handheld that looks that amazing. like holy crap i have no words. A+ host with a legendary diode
:worthy:

Gazen

Spectacular job!
I need to get myself one of those 495 diodes.

Encap

Thanks Encap, you are correct, the Ti series of laser hosts were the best quality that I've seen in any host.
The funny thing is, when they were for sale, they were very reasonably priced.
I agree that J/L would've been lucky to break even on these hosts, and that was likely why they were discontinued. :mad:

I agree--they were amazing even at the original prices @ approx $220 each---super quality/ best quality I have seen also. The few I was able to get my hands now have years of use and they still look and function like new.
Was/is an exceptional product.
Perfect size to take with you anywhere. Everyone I have shown them to has remarked about how well machined + what a great looking and solid feel the TiB host has.

Those final low closeout the line prices at the end were silly low and were more a thank you for supporting JetLasers progress and products as much as anything else.
I remember discussing with Gray at the time and he said they were simply too expensive to make> no money to be made with them as market was very small for the relatively expensive low output TiBs

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
i dont think ive ever seen a laser in a handheld that looks that amazing. like holy crap i have no words. A+ host with a legendary diode
:worthy:

Thanks Merpie, it did turn out pretty nice, I think it's going to be a "keeper"! :yh:

Such beauties, and the photo's eye candy :)

Can't have too much laser eye candy, we've all got a sweet tooth for it. :D

Spectacular job!
I need to get myself one of those 495 diodes.

Thanks Gazen, and yes, if you get a chance, definitely get one, you won't regret it.

Great host, great wavelength! Thank you so much for sharing your build!

Singlemode

Thanks Singlemode, I haven't built much lately, but I like to share them when I do!

I agree--they were amazing even at the original prices @ approx $220 each---super quality/ best quality I have seen also. The few I was able to get my hands now have years of use and they still look and function like new.
Was/is an exceptional product.
Perfect size to take with you anywhere. Everyone I have shown them to has remarked about how well machined + what a great looking and solid feel the TiB host has.

Those final low closeout the line prices at the end were silly low and were more a thank you for supporting JetLasers progress and products as much as anything else.
I remember discussing with Gray at the time and he said they were simply too expensive to make> no money to be made with them as market was very small for the relatively expensive low output TiBs

Agreed, all of mine look as good as the day I got them; the satin finish holds up well on titanium.
I have had a couple of hosts that have had "handling" marks on them when I received them, just a few light scratches.
I found that using a 1500 - 2000 grit paper, and gently polishing in the direction of the finish (I.E. - rotationally, as if you were spinning it), will give you a "factory" or better finish! :)

Ok then, amazing host, amazing wavelength. Is a win-win in my book. :gj:

Thanks sir, can't go wrong with "win-win". :beer:

:crackup:

Baby steps. :D

Yep, got to start somewhere. ;) ;)