Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 493nm 'Jetlasers Ti-B' Build

tru dat
showed mine to a master lathe guy--he pointed out some things... and we were lucky to get them so cheap.
JL made almost no profit....
I will ask Gray if we can do a GB --BUT do not expect a low price...& JL does not (normally) sell kits or blanks--kinda defeats their selling of complete lasers.

When the first Pl-E 1W 445s came out (BEFORE any more powerful blue lasers appeared in Kasio PJ) the machining was not as perfect and then later, nobody ATM wanted 'just' 1000mW--JL sent me a pair of them (w/ second batt tube) & my plan was to use them to rebuild with much more power. They take the bigger batt(than 18650-which needs a 'sleeve') I 'think' they were the last JL had--BUT if you contact Gray-- he might be able to find one more. Expect to pay about the price they once were (all shipping to USA starts at $36usd iirc).
AND know that breaking one open is not easy--my plan was to send them to a real pro (like Jayrob etc) to take apart for me--AFAIK you must use heat and brute force and expect to damage the diode and driver. The two I got were silver/grey--right now I think JL only sells black host Pro PL-Es.
Right now may be a good time to find an Ti-B owner (search my GB threads for usernames) and see if they will sell one... HOWEVER most I know would non-JLs first--keeping any JL lasers until they MUST sell. Jeff (BTG) is the member with the most info/know-how on Ti-Bs-- I would love to make me a TiB in 488nm-- currently my fav blue.. atm building two matching mini Lumia PJs with 635 and 488 mini labs- VERY nice and they make wonderful Lumia together. They are priced well and had active cooling (fan) allowing long run times. I want to buy several more pairs. They are small enough to build into a Mag light host--a small amount must be ground off the corners of the heat sinks. Same with a small second fan to add even more cooling (behind the batts)

good luck and PM me if you need help.....Len

There are other options to get a titanium host that's easier to make use of too.

These looks pretty good, hold an 18650 so 2 x 18350 should also fit.