Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 20x 650nm laser just died.

Rafa

I was playing with it, burning stuff.... well. It died, after about 7 minutes... dead. Now it lights up but its not very bright. It was hot, anyway it had a heatsink...

This is the thing that finally fucked up my day.

daguin

Yeah. That happens. Time to re-build it or build a new one

Peace,
dave

Don't feel too bad... we blew a $500.00 5Watt LD yesterday..:cryyy:
Everyone gets hit eventually...:cool:

Jerry

Exerd

I was playing with it, burning stuff.... well. It died, after about 7 minutes... dead. Now it lights up but its not very bright. It was hot, anyway it had a heatsink...

This is the thing that finally fucked up my day.

Luckily, you can get a new diode sled for about $15. Better check your current just to be sure next time.

Keep in your mind, working on them and learning about them is half the fun. :yh:

Rafa

Thanks. Anyway today is not my day.... Too many bad things in the same day.... I just want to stay in the bed for 2 months now :( lol.
People here in Spain sell me broken DVD burners and I use the LD's from them. The 20x burner cost me $7. And they sell me all the burners at the same price, so a 22x costs the same as a 16x. I'll be buying a new burner, a 22x if I can find one.

Don't feel too bad... we blew a $500.00 5Watt LD yesterday..:cryyy:
Everyone gets hit eventually...:cool:

Jerry

Don't you just hate breaking expensive stuff?

I don't think I've broken anything truly expensive in any of my work, but it's pretty much inevitable that I do. The most I've done is break a sample that cost about a couple thousand $ to make, not too bad.

I had a friend at an internship a couple of years ago that did $70k worth of damage to a dry etch chamber. Mostly wasn't his fault though, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Rafa

My friend erdabyz says it might be the driver of the laser. I dissasembled it and im pretty sure the driver is fried. Tomorroy I will make a new driver.... hope it will work *crosses fingers*

Don't you just hate breaking expensive stuff?

I don't think I've broken anything truly expensive in any of my work, but it's pretty much inevitable that I do. The most I've done is break a sample that cost about a couple thousand $ to make, not too bad.

I had a friend at an internship a couple of years ago that did $70k worth of damage to a dry etch chamber. Mostly wasn't his fault though, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Yeah.... it SUCKS big time... It's even worst when it's your
own fault...:yabbem:

Jerry