Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 1W 405 vs. 53 balloons

Hi Sta,
cool vid gotta love the405nm WL big burner in a small package Wish you luck running that 3.8mm diode at 1w.. have fun buddy nice ..

Rich:)

Sta

Update: A website called break.com offered to license the video from me. They gave me two options, $150 up front or $75 and a 60% share of revenue. I will probably take the second option. Still, an unexpected bonus for an hour's work! :)

Very nice.
Some balloons are thicker than others and those looked thick, like they could be blown up bigger, so that was a good demonstration of the Little Giant single mode 405nm.
What was your distance, about 25 feet?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice work in getting rid of all those pesky ballooons, but the big question is, who had to clean up all those pieces? :crackup:
:gj:

Reactions: GSS

Sta

Very nice.
Some balloons are thicker than others and those looked thick, like they could be blown up bigger, so that was a good demonstration of the Little Giant single mode 405nm.
What was your distance, about 25 feet?

It was closer to 50 feet. The first few balloons were thicker, the rest were poor quality balloons, most of them were very thin. I like your name "Little Giant" however! It really is true.

Nice work in getting rid of all those pesky ballooons, but the big question is, who had to clean up all those pieces? :crackup:
:gj:
Cleanup was relatively painless! It took me about 5 minutes. :)

Last edited:

Razako

Awesome. Must have taken quite a while setting all that up and inflating all those balloons.

GSS

Good for you! Another good thing is it could take away some the negativity that the media is blasting the hobby for and show how fun we can have safely:beer:

Pman

Nope, the balloon huggers are marching on Washington as we speak;)
I think I would rather put forks in my eyes than blow up and align that many balloons:) I want you to see someone use different colored or clear balloons.

GSS

Nope, the balloon huggers are marching on Washington as we speak;)
I think I would rather put forks in my eyes than blow up and align that many balloons:) I want you to see someone use different colored or clear balloons.
I do like the balloon inside the clear balloon thing:whistle:

Great work Sta,
Gotta get your face in your vids. I get dizzy just thinking about blowing up all those baloons...lol
Danny

Sta

Great work Sta,
Gotta get your face in your vids. I get dizzy just thinking about blowing up all those baloons...lol
Danny

Thanks VV... I would love to be able to put my face in my videos, but I like to keep my face off of the Internet, for the most part. In addition to rejecting narcissism, I like to keep it a secret what lies behind those safety glasses. :)

Pman

Yes, GSS I have popped many a balloon inside a balloon back when I was messing around like that. Think I have to go to a party store or the Web to find some clear balloons though. I've got lots of regular ones but I don't think I have many clear ones left.
It must have been a pain to try and align all of those. Isn't that why I've seen other vids with them sitting in cups with water? I just assumed that's what the water and cups were for. Props and REP for taking the effort to do this. Not sure if I already gave you REP for it or I couldn't yet. Re-reading what I posted I didn't mean for it to come off like I didn't appreciate the effort. I would actually like to see how well it would work with clear balloons. All you would have to do is test 2 balloons. One at the closest and one at the farthest spots to see if it would work without throwing much effort into it.

Last edited: