Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 12x laser - 688mW (by request)

CTM

View My Video <<<< Popping some colorful balloons.

168wrk8.jpg

302mn9y.jpg

dzfm1f.jpg

This is a laser I finished building just last month. I was tired of people just popping black balloons, so I went for some more colorful options. I hit a fail half way through, as the angle I was in didn't allow me to pop the last two. I did end up popping them once I switched to a different angle, but I ended the video before then.
Oh yeah, it outputs 688mW. I don't know if that matters much.

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Re: Why not???

Oh yeah, it outputs 688mW. I don't know if that matters much.

It matters just a little. I take it this is the 12x build?

What LPM did you use to measure or did you use another method?

What current are you driving it at?

Are you using any special lenses?

You should be careful in that 12x youtube vid. The beam could've refracted off of the fish tank and straight into your eye. And you should also rename the thread title to something like "My 12x at 688mW" or "My 12x build".

How much current are you pushing through that poor diode?
688 mW - WOW.

HMike

CTM

1891-ctms-12x-taken-jayrob.jpg

Taken by jayrob. I just got it back yesterday.
I'm uncertain about the current.

Last edited:

You'll notice those balloons were blue and violet. Lasers do not burn colors close to the color of the laser very well. Violet lasers burn better than most other wavelengths with the vast majority of materials and colors except blue/violet colored objects. Since the color of an object is determined by the wavelengths of light that it reflects, blue/violet objects reflect most of the violet energy...

I agree that is hot and nice video. I agree popping black balloons is cool but other colors is just impresive.

ZRTMWA

Jayrob, feel free to speak up about the current! That is a nice looking laser you got yourself there CTM! So I guess you're using a 405-G-1 lens?

PS: I still think you should change the thread title.

CTM

I wasn't expecting much hype, especially since I didn't pop all the balloons in this video.
I'll change it, but I guess I'll update with more videos (just need some ideas).

Re: My 12x laser (by request)

Hmm.. I thought the title of the thread referred to a question being asked. Nice little build you've got there!

ZRTMWA

I wasn't expecting much hype, especially since I didn't pop all the balloons in this video.
I'll change it, but I guess I'll update with more videos (just need some ideas).

You deserve the hype. There aren't that many people who have a 12x diode out and running on LPF. To be honest I thought it was fake until you showed the pic from jayrob.

I don't know if you realize this but I think you have the highest powered bluray on LPF at the moment.

Thanks for changing the thread title!

Lens?

That is a MASSIVE number of photons to be emitted from a die housed in a single- mode 5.6mm can!

Nice laser!

CTM

This thread completely turned off topic from the popped balloons, but it's cool.

CTM

You deserve the hype. There aren't that many people who have a 12x diode out and running on LPF. To be honest I thought it was fake until you showed the pic from jayrob.

I don't know if you realize this but I think you have the highest powered bluray on LPF at the moment.

Thanks for changing the thread title!

Lens?

Sorry for missing your question. It's jayrob's 405-G-1 lens.
I'm not using anything new state of the art.

That's possibly a record for single-mode performance..

but I just have two words:

lifetime test