Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

MXDL Sfaw210 Build

Cam453

So here's the sfaw-210 build I'm making for a friend. I wanted his to be built first so I could work out the kinks with the method of making my heatsinks. This took 3 hours with a hacksaw, drill, and hand file because I had no idea what I was doing. :confused: I think it came out pretty well for my first time. I made the mistake of trusting the DX measurements and bought an aluminum rod that was way too thick resulting in lots of extra work.

So I have three photos here^^^ but they aren't showing up.... I will fix this [Fixed]

So I sold it to my friend and he was extremely happy with it. And yes I gave him a pair of safety glasses too :;):

Last edited:

eytyxhs

Good Work! I think Driver is a Dr Lava Groove.? Diode PHR or 6x?

Kookapeli

one suggestion .... get some silicon wire, far superior than the stuff you're using !!!
:) good build tho

Cam453

1. It is silicon wire :na: I also just bought about 50ft from moh.
2. It's in the title its a sfaw210. The current is set a little low because I sold it to a friend.
3. Yeah it's a Groove driver.

ped

+1 on the build, and taking the time to show it to us.

Very nice.

foulmist

good job, but how did you make the heatsink so roound with the hacksaw and the hand file and such ?? no lathe? how? :D

:beer: +1

Cam453

Haha yeah no problem ;) and getting it so round is my secret.

Just kidding it was just a lot of time filing it round and just kinda eying it.
I should be able to use a lathe by december.

Cam453

This heatsink wasn't nearly as hard as the green I made. That host actually needed a step on the heatsink.

Wolfman29

The method he probably used (the one I used before I got access to a lathe... love it!) was just drill a hole in the center of the heatsink, then stick it on the tip of a drill (screw it on some how), then turn on the drill, and voila! Makeshift lathe that you can file it down with.