Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Music made for lasers

I'm a long time fan of electronic music, have pretty diverse tastes stretching back to the beginnings of the genre to the present day. I've always thought Skylined, by The Prodigy would make the perfect accompaniment to a laser show. It's a lesser known piece by the real creative genius behind the group, Liam Howlett (not those scary looking guys who jump around on stage).

I've uploaded it HERE if anyone's interested to have a listen and maybe compose a show to it. If I had a scanner this is the first project I'd attempt, me thinks.

Enjoy.

its good trance but it seems for raves you need a nice bass and a good bmp,
its kinda awkward when your on the dance floor and the music slows down for a bit.
I enjoy my rave music we have a club here in Michigan for it.
Been trying to get the dj to sell me a mix cd.
would love to post it.

jbtm

Last edited:
ann arbor.
monday nights
Necto.
dj.jinx
The Necto
i am there about 2 times a month.
there song for monday on there site is kind awkward because the music they play is very different.

jbtm

Heh, 4-5 hour drive I'd guess, Since I'm west-side of Michigan, George Town, which is half between Grand Rapids and Holland.

jbtm

Who knows, maybe hard because I dont drive quiet yet even though I'm 18 :) It would be cool if they ever did a laser show in Grand Rapids though at the Van Andel Arena...

Ash

I've uploaded it HERE if anyone's interested to have a listen and maybe compose a show to it. If I had a scanner this is the first project I'd attempt, me thinks.

Enjoy.
Wow, that's a really bad song. That was made by a professional? :crackup:
I wouldn't call it trance at all. :mad:

IMO, that song waaay too low-energy to be good with a laser show.
You need something higher-energy like Psychedelic Trance or Progressive Trance.
headphones.gif

Been trying to get the dj to sell me a mix cd.
would love to post it.
I you like PsyTrance. You can download any of my mixes linked from my myspace page:
Link --> (( d(-_-)b )) (DJ D b) | MySpace
turntable1.gif

Well I like it a lot, that's the beauty of human beings, we're all different. I went to my first underground dance party in 1991, so I understand this older dance music. I'm not a fan of modern trance, I've seen the evolution of all these genres and I know where they've come from, and it's just too much of a cliche for me I'm afraid.

THis is a mix I did of oldschool techno from 1991-92 LeRox Tribute Mix

Last edited:
michigan is actually the birth place of techno music
and speaking of raves... i was at the USA's largest one this past friday and saturday, Electric Daisy Carnival....it was EPIC

michael

jbtm

I like basshunter lol. :)

Especially Bass Generation.

jupiter8, Cygnus X is an oldy group, when I was listening to the orange theme there was people saying they still own the vinyl records of the songs. Their first song was Superstring, in 1993. I understand 20 years, almost, isn't that old..but still.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrn6Vwy-RCg

I like most of their songs, Was born in 1991 and use to listen to the radio all day with songs from 1970, 1980, and 1990 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLmOHfjLVWM is good too ;)

Last edited:
michael - how right you are about detroit, michigan. That's the ear I'm from, Derrick May, Jeff Mills, Mike Banks and UR, Juan Atkins or course. I'd love to see a laser show composed for Juan's epic masterpiece The Passage! :drool:

The early clubs I went to played all the detroit techno, then european stuff, early acid house, then breakbeat techno, which evolved into rave, the euro trance scene exploded, then came jungle, drum n bass. Later were progressive house, the big Ibiza clubs popularised. I've seen it all come and go, and have a nice collection of records to remember it by. I don't like the new hardhouse and hardtrance scene. The music is too cheesy and bouncy for me. I guess I'm older now, not interested in bouncing around on the dancefloor for hours to a blistering doof doof doof poppy beat. I'd rather turn off all the lights, lay on the couch and listen with my eyes closed. lol See for me this is science-fiction-music. That's the spirit of the genre, so listening to it is like going on a journey into the future in your mind.

In 1992 I saw my first big laser at an underground rave here in Adelaide. It was a 5W Argon, water cooled. I'll never forget - absolutely mind-blowing at the time. It was running off scanners, producing simple grahics and stuff and they were seperating green and blue shades out of the laser tube. I was in love with lasers way back then, but haven't tried making my own until recently.

:wave:Front 424- Lords of acid-Bassmechanics( the bassyest CD ever)-Oakenfold-BLUE MONDAY(De M)- W.h.y. I. w.i.g.--Shasha-Warp Brothers- 'Don't techno for an answer'and so many many more
No good clubs or raves in houston anymore:cryyy:
luv my 6 CVs and my CV powered SUB-150:D

you guys would enjoy my laser parties;)

I have mixed CDs and Dance/club/trance/acid rock/House/techno(music all nite long)etc FS or trades

HAKZAW1--- weaned on Kraftwerk---'MUSIC NONSTOP, NONSTOP'

still partying = BDay is Sat==63--"NOw It takes us all night to do what we used to do all night long'

Last edited: