Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

multiline argon + red = white

Hehe... Just a neat picture I shot. For some reason the red light blooms on my lens a lot more, in person it just looked like a white spot on the wall, but with the red 'lines' on the sides from the dilda diode.

I'm going to set up some dichro's soon to get a white beam shot :D

white.jpg

Heres some more pics just for the hell of it.... I like playing with my new camera. The only bad part is like 1/10 pictures actually come out good. operator error, or maybe I'm just too picky ;D

Lines! The weird part is that there is a very faint line between the two lowest blue wavelengths when it's cold. As it warms up it goes away, for a total of 6.
lines.jpg

lines2.jpg

Prometheus... sweet!!
prome.jpg

prome2.jpg

And the trusty HeNe
hene124.jpg

hene123.jpg

I got my new hene today! MUUUUUCH more visible tube. Pretty neat little guy!!

000_0593.jpg

daguin

Mille said:
Hey GooeyGus where did you get a He-Ne visible tube like that? :)

They are available in eBay. Just search HeNe and/or any combination of "helium neon". Since I've made my accent lamp, with one of my green HeNe's, I would be willing to sell you a Hughes tube and a brick PSU for $50. The tube is 10" overall. the exposed plasma channel is 4.5". As usual, some minor soldering skills (or at least some "clamping" skills) are needed. The Hughes tube (being larger) has two "getters" near the base so there are "metallic" spots near the base on the sides, but the plasma channel is very clean and clear front and back.

PM me if you are interested.

Peace,
dave

Switch

Careful with that camera, you know what happened to the other one :D